What to do if Windows 10 computer is stuck on the Hi there screen
As you know, installing Windows 10 is quite a complicated process in the background even though it may look like an easy task in the foreground. There are times when the setup is stuck on the “Hi there” screen where you won’t be able to input any information in the fields given and you wouldn’t be able to do anything else since the screen does not move ahead.
There are a lot of possible reasons why this issue occurs. It could be due to a damaged setup image, invalid boot configuration, and many more. To resolve this problem, there are several options you can check out. You can try to get a new setup image or run the Automatic Repair or you could also try to recreate the Boot Configuration files or BCD. To get started in checking out these solutions, make sure to follow the instructions provided below.
Option 1 – Try to run the Automatic Repair Utility
You might also want to use Automatic Repair in fixing the error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- You can start by creating and booting from a bootable Windows 10 USB Stick.
- After that, click on Repair your computer located on the bottom left corner when you are on the initial Windows Startup screen.
- Next, click on Troubleshoot, and then on the other screen, click the Startup Repair option.
- Now select the operating system you want to repair. Once you do that, it will start to repair your operating system. Wait until the process is completed and then check if the problem’s now fixed.
Option 2 – Try to rebuild the BCD files
You can also try rebuilding the BCD files to resolve stuck screen issue in your Windows 10 computer.
- You can start by booting into the installation environment for Windows 10 from an installation media.
- After that, click on Repair your computer and on the blue screen, select Troubleshoot and then select the Advanced options menu.
- From there, select Command Prompt and once you open it, enter each one of the commands given below by sequence.
- bootrec /FixMbr
- bootrec /FixBoot
- bootrec /ScanOS
- bootrec /RebuildBcd
- Once you’re done executing the commands given above, type “exit” to close the Command Prompt window and then restart your computer and see if it fixed error code 0xc000014c.
Option 3 – Try recreating the Windows 10 installation USB
Recreating the Windows 10 installation USB might help in fixing the problem. You can use a USB drive to do so but make sure that it has a great read-write speed. Follow the steps below to recreate Windows 10 installation USB”
- Click this link and then click the Download Tool Now button.
- Next, click the “Use the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)…” option and follow the next given instructions on the screen.
- Now select the ISO file option in step 5.
- After that, you should now have an ISO file.
- Next, go to the location where you’ve downloaded the ISO file.
- Then right-click on the Windows 10 ISO file and select the Open with option and then select File Explorer.
- Now click on “setup.exe” and follow the next instructions that appear on the screen. When asked, you have to select either Nothing (clean install) or Keep personal files only option. Take note that you must not select the “Keep personal files, apps, and Windows settings since it doesn’t really work.
Option 4 – Try getting a new Windows image file
If none of the four given options above worked, you might want to get a newer installation image using the Windows Media Creation tool. After that, create the bootable USB drive and once completed and then try to run the Windows 10 setup again.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Computer is stuck on the Hi there screen error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Computer is stuck on the Hi there screen error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.