What to do if uTorrent is not responding on Windows 10
As you probably know, uTorrent is one of the best software you can use to download torrents over the web. It has been around for many years now and is trusted by lots of users despite having competition here and there.
Over the years, uTorrent has changed as it is now packed with tons of features. What’s more, is that this program is no longer the smallest client when it comes to file size. However, just like other software, it is not always working smoothly as there are instances when it’s not responding even when it’s already running. The first thing you can do is to close all the processes of uTorrent and then try opening it again.
There are various reasons why your uTorrent program fails to respond. However, it is most likely caused by some virus that was brought on by the file you’ve just downloaded. On the other hand, it could also be caused by other factors as well but whichever the case is, here are some fixes you can check out to resolve the uTorrent issue.
Option 1 – Delete the file you’ve downloaded
As pointed out earlier, uTorrent might have failed to respond due to some file you’ve just downloaded which is why you have to delete it since there really is no point in keeping a file that’s causing this kind of issue. After deleting the file, try opening uTorrent again and see if it now works or not.
Option 2 – Allow uTorrent to run via Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on the Cortana or the Start button and type “firewall” in the field.
- From the search results that appear, click on the “Allow an app through Windows firewall”.
- After that, a new window will pop up and from there, you will see a list of apps that can be allowed or disallowed using a Windows firewall. From this list, you have to search for uTorrent and once you find it, set it to Publick if you are on a public network or Private if you’re in a private network.
Option 3 – Uninstall or reinstall uTorrent software
You can also try to completely uninstall uTorrent from your computer and then reinstall it right back. to do so, follow the steps below.
- In the search box, type in “control” and then click on Control Panel (desktop app) among the search results.
- After that, select Programs and Features from the list which will give you a list of all the programs installed on your computer.
- From there, look for uTorrent and select it and then uninstall it.
- Once uTorrent is uninstalled, go to uTorrent’s official website and download its latest version.
Option 4 – Try scanning your computer using Windows Defender
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Update & Security.
- Then click on the Windows Security option and open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Next, click on Virus & threat protection > Run a new advanced scan.
- Now make sure that Full Scan is selected from the menu and then click the Scan Now button to get started.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the uTorrent is not responding error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the uTorrent is not responding error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.