What to do if there is No Sleep Option in Power Menu on Windows 10
If the Sleep option is missing from the Power Menu then this could be caused by the power settings, local group policy configuration, etc. in your computer. Based on the reports of users who experience the same problem, the issue occurred after they’ve updated or upgraded their Windows 10 computers.
As you know, the sleep mode is quite useful in certain cases and is utilized by most users. If you put your computer in sleep mode, it actually minimizes the power usage of your computer while at the same time keeps your current session running. So if sleep mode is suddenly missing, then that could be a problem but worry not for this post will give you possible fixes to resolve the issue. Make sure to follow each one of them carefully to achieve good results.
Option 1 – Check the Power settings
As mentioned, one of the reasons why the Sleep option is missing could be the power settings in your computer. To check this possibility, make sure that you’ve enabled the sleep mode in the Power options setting window. How? Refer to these steps:
- First, go to the Start menu, and from there open Control Panel.
- Next, set the View by Large icons and select the Power Options.
- After that, click on the “Choose what the power buttons do” option on the left-hand side.
- Then click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option and make sure that Sleep is checked under the Shutdown settings.
- Afterward, click on Save changes.
Option 2 – Modify the Local Group Policy
If the Power setting isn’t the cause of the problem, then you might want to check the Local Group Policy and modify it. There is a dedicated policy for showing the sleep option in the power menu and if this policy is disabled, then it’s no wonder why you don’t see the sleep option in the power menu. To change this policy, refer to the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “gpedit.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Group Policy Editor.
- Next, navigate to this path: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> File Explorer
- Look for the “Show sleep in the power options menu” option from the right-hand side pane and double click on it.
- Now change it to Enabled and click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes made and restart your computer.
Option 3 – Try to turn on Standby
Standby, also known as InstantGo, is a feature in Windows 8 and 10 that allows users to maintain network connectivity after a computer has been put into sleep mode. Thus, if this feature is disabled, it can cause the Sleep option to disappear from the power menu. To turn it on, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open Run.
- And type “Regedit” in the field and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPower
- From this path, look for the “CsEnabled” key on the right-hand side of the pane and double-click on it.
- Set its value to “1” and click OK to save the changes made.
- Now reboot your PC.
Note: If you were not able to find the CsEnabled key, then this indicates that your computer does not support the Standby feature. And if that’s the case, proceed to the next given option below.
Option 4 – Try to install a Video Card driver
On the other hand, some users reported that the problem was caused by the video card driver. And if your computer lacks the video adapter driver, it can also cause the same problem. Windows 10 typically install the video card driver on its own, however, there are rare cases when it doesn’t which is why you have to do it yourself manually. All you have to do is go to your manufacturer’s website and look for the video card driver, download it and then install it. Once you’ve installed the video card driver, reboot your computer and check if it has fixed the problem.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the There is No Sleep Option in Power Menu error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the There is No Sleep Option in Power Menu error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.