What to do if the Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing in Windows 10
Support for Bluetooth hardware has always been included in the Windows 10 operating system for a long time now. And it just keeps getting better especially now with the support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 LE. However, there are still times when Bluetooth experiences a couple of issues one of which is users were not able to turn on or off Bluetooth on their Windows 10 Pc since the option to turn Bluetooth off or on is missing in the Windows 10 settings app and even in the Action Center. So if you are one of the users who experience the same problem, read on as this post will guide you in resolving the issue.
To resolve this Bluetooth issue, here are some suggestions that could help:
Option 1 – Try running the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
As you know, Windows 10 has various troubleshooters with user-friendly interfaces where you can utilize them to fix issues in your PC. And since you’re dealing with some Bluetooth problem, you have to run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter.
- Open the Windows 10 Settings.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- You should find the option for Bluetooth on your right-hand side – click on it then click on the “Run the troubleshooter” option.
- Now follow the next screen options.
Option 2 – Try to reinstall or update the Bluetooth driver
The issue might have something to do with the Bluetooth drivers. It could be that it is outdated and needs to be updated or that you recently updated it and since then you have trouble removing the Bluetooth devices and so to fix the issue, you can update, roll back or uninstall the Bluetooth drivers. How? Follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + X keys to open the Device Manager.
- Next, look for the Bluetooth device and right-click on it.
- Select the option “Update driver”.
- After that, a new popup window will appear. In there, select the option, “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Note: Checking the update may take a few minutes so you’ll have to wait until it finishes. If it is able to find an update, you must install it. And if you want to reinstall the Bluetooth driver, just select the “Uninstall driver” option and follow the next on-screen instructions that follow.
Option 3 – Configure the Bluetooth Services
If the first two options didn’t work, the next thing you can do is configure Bluetooth Services. How? Simply follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Windows Services Manager.
- You will then see a list of services and from there, look for the following services and make sure that their default values are set as follows:
- Bluetooth Handsfree Service – Manual (Triggered)
- Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service – Manual (Triggered)
- Bluetooth Support Service – Manual (Triggered)
- Bluetooth User Support Service – Manual (Triggered)
- Now click on the Start button to start all the aforementioned services and then check if you can now see the option to turn Bluetooth on or on.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Toggle to turn Bluetooth On or Off is missing error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.