What to do if the Scroll bar in Chrome is missing in Windows 10
If you find that the scroll bar in your Google Chrome browser is missing all of a sudden, and it becomes difficult for you to scroll down the web page and see its content, worry not for this post will guide you on what you can do to resolve this problem.
Usually, when the mouse cursor stays hidden in the corner and only appears when you point it to the edge of the screen. However, there are instances when it won’t appear which makes navigating the web page you are visiting quite impossible. So if you encounter this kind of strange behavior on your Google Chrome browser, there are several suggestions you can check out to resolve it. In most cases, updating the browser resolves the problem, but if it does not, you can try restoring the browser’s settings to their default state by resetting Chrome or you could also disable hardware acceleration or disable the overlay scrollbars flag. For more information, follow each one of the options provided below.
Option 1 – Reset Google Chrome
Before you proceed, make sure that the Chrome browser is not running anywhere in the background via Task Manager. Once you’ve made sure that it’s no longer running, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser Data” in the field and tap Enter to open this location.
- From there, look for the Default folder and then tap the Shift + Delete button and if a confirmation prompt appears, click on Yes.
- After deleting the Default folder, open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots icon located in the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Next, click on Settings and scroll down and then click on Advanced to open the Advanced Settings.
- Then scroll down until you see the “Reset and clean up” section and click the “Restore Settings to their original defaults” option.
- After that, you will see a confirmation box and from there, click on the Reset settings button to reset your Google Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Try to disable the Hardware Acceleration
For better performance, Google Chrome uses the Hardware Acceleration by default. Unfortunately, there are just some cases when your hardware, GPU to be specific, might not be able to cope with the requirements, resulting in the black screen issue. And if this is your case, you should try to disable the hardware acceleration from your Google Chrome browser settings panel. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Chrome settings page.
- Click on the Advanced button to get more options.
- Look for the option called “Use hardware acceleration when available” and then disable it by toggling the button to the left.
- After that, check if the screen flickering issue in Chrome is fixed.
Option 3 – Try to disable “Smooth Scrolling” in Chrome
Disabling “Smooth Scrolling” in Chrome might also help you fix the issue. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Chrome and type “chrome://flags” and hit Enter.
- Next, look for a flag named “Smooth Scrolling”. You can scroll down until you find it or search it in the Search Flag bar. Note that Smooth Scrolling is enabled by default in the newer versions of Chrome.
- After that, select the drop-down menu and select Disabled.
- Then click on the “Relaunch Now” button.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Scroll bar in Chrome is missing error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Scroll bar in Chrome is missing error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.