What to do if Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop in Windows 10
As you know, the Taskbar is one of the integral parts of the Windows desktop and it has been there since the release of Windows 1.0 and up until now with Windows 10. Since then, Microsoft has been modifying the Taskbar with a new design which makes it a home for new features such as Windows Search, Task View, and many more. However, there are times when you may that the Taskbar has disappeared or has stopped responding. If you experience either one of these scenarios, read on as this post will walk you through what you can do to resolve the problem.
Here are some suggestions you can check out to resolve the issue with the Taskbar in Windows 10 but before you proceed, make sure that you create a System Restore point first. To do that, follow these steps:
- In the Start search, type in “create a restore point” and click the entry “System Properties”.
- Next, select the main system drive under Protection Settings and click on the Configure button.
- After that, select the “Turn on system protection” option and then click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes made.
Once you’ve created a System Restore point, refer to the troubleshooting steps below to fix the Taskbar in Windows 10.
Option 1 – Try to restart the Explorer process
This may sound really basic but it actually is a proven method to fix the Taskbar issue. So if anything gets stuck on the system tray or the Taskbar, you can always fix it by restarting the explorer.exe. How? Refer to these steps:
- First, right-click on the Taskbar and select the Task Manager.
- After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the process named “Windows Explorer”.
- Then right-click on that process and select the option to Restart. Afterward, you should now be seeing the Taskbar as this will reload the whole Windows Shell.
Option 2 – Unhide the Taskbar using the Settings app
It is possible that the Taskbar could be hidden so you can try to unhide it using the Settings app.
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Settings.
- After that, go to Personalization > Taskbar.
- From the main section, make sure that the “Automatically hide the task in desktop mode” is toggled to the off position. However, if it’s already off then proceed to the next options below.
Option 3 – Make sure that you are not in Tablet Mode
Since Windows 10 is designed to work on both desktop and mobile devices, it could be that your computer has slipped into Tablet Mode which explains why you’re not seeing the Taskbar. To check if your computer is really in Tablet Mode, follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and select Settings.
- Next, select the System setting and from the left pane select the Tablet Mode.
- From there, make sure that the buttons next to the options given below are set to the off position:
- Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode
- Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode
Option 4 – Try to check the Projection Settings
You might also want to check the Projection settings as it could be the reason why Taskbar has disappeared.
- Tap the Win + P keys to open the Windows Projection settings.
- Next, make sure that you select the “PC screen only” option and then check if your Taskbar has now appeared or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Taskbar has disappeared from the Desktop error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.