What to do if PDF text disappears when editing or saving a file in Windows 10
If you are trying to save a file in a PDF format on your Windows 10 computer but then the PDF text content in an Adobe file suddenly disappears, then read on. This post will give you more insight into this issue. This kind of issue is rare and mostly occurs in forms that you can fill upon. In such a case, the text you enter in the form vanishes right after you click the Save button.
One of the benefits of working with PDF files is that it has the ability to compress high-quality files to relatively small file sizes. This is really useful especially when you are saving hard drive space and you’re working with limited storage resources. However, these files can contain layered content if they are created from layered documents using applications like Adobe InDesign. Consequently, a single page of the PDF file can contain different layers with different content. So if you try to save or print a PDF file that contains layered content, the elements will disappear from the PDF. To resolve this issue, you can try to merge or flatten the file since it will help keep the changes in the PDF file. On the other hand, you can no longer make any alterations or form data once you flatten the file. Another thing to keep in mind is that merging or flattening the file can’t be undone so you might want to save another copy of the file before you proceed.
Option 1 – Print to PDF
- First, you have to open the desired PDF file and tap the Ctrl + P keys to open the Print dialog box.
- After that, select the “Microsoft Print to PDF” option as the printer.
- Once the action is confirmed, it will regenerate another version of the PDF file with the default settings and merge all the existing layers into a single layer.
- On the other hand, you can also click on the “File” menu of the PDF file and select Print.
- From there, click on the Print button and select “PostScript (*.ps)” as the “Save as” type to save a PostScript copy of the original PDF file.
- Once you’re done, double click on the .ps file to open the file in the Adobe Distiller which will flatten the file automatically and convert it to a PDF file with only one visible layer.
Option 2 – Save the PDF file as an Optimized PDF file
If you are using the Acrobat Reader Pro version such as the Acrobat Pro, Foxit, and so on, you can try to flatten the layers by saving the PDF file as an Optimized PDF file. Refer to these steps to do so:
- Select File > Save as > Optimized PDF.
- Next, select the Transparency checkbox from the Settings window that opens.
- Then click on the Save button to apply and save the changes made. After that, the PDF text content should not disappear when you try to save a file on your Windows 10 computer.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the PDF text disappears when editing or saving error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the PDF text disappears when editing or saving error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.