What to do if OneDrive thumbnails are not showing in Windows 10
A lot of users prefer to use Microsoft OneDrive when it comes down to cloud storage as it does not only come with the seal of approval from Microsoft but it’s also primarily good and better compared to other cloud storage services. However, that doesn’t mean that OneDrive isn’t without any issues. For one, you might encounter an issue where the OneDrive thumbnails do not show in File Explorer in Windows 10. If you are currently experiencing this problem, read on as this post will help you fix it.
As you know, you can add OneDrive to your Windows 10 computer and have all the files locally synchronize to the cloud and so on. This means that whatever is available in the cloud will be seen on your computer. It is smooth and definitely saves you a lot of time which is why a lot of users prefer to use it. So if you suddenly not see any thumbnails in OneDrive, then that would be a problem.
You are actually not the only one having this problem as there are other users who reported getting the same issue recently about the picture thumbnails that no longer show up in the OneDrive folders in the File Explorer. At the time of writing, it isn’t clear yet what the cause of the issue really is. Even so, there are still potential fixes you can check out to resolve it, and the sooner you do it, the better as this can be a major problem. To get started, refer to the instructions given below.
Option 1 – Try to disable Files on Demand
The first thing you can do to fix the problem is to disable the Files on Demand. This is what you have to do to get things under control.
- First, right-click on the OneDrive icon located in the taskbar and go-to of OneDrive.
- After that, click on More and Settings. This will open a new window where you have to click on the Settings tab and uncheck the “Files on Demand” service.
- Once done, restart your computer and check if you can now see the thumbnails in the OneDrive folder. However, if it didn’t work, then proceed to the next given option below.
Option 2 – Try to change the icon view
The next thing you can do to fix the problem is to change the icon view. It is possible that the problem might have something to do with the size of the icons than anything else. So you have to change the icon view and to do that, follow these steps:
- First, open Control Panel in Windows 10.
- Next, in the search box, type “folder” and then click on the File Explorer Options.
- From there, click on the View tab and uncheck the “Always show icons” option, and make sure that showing thumbnails is active.
- Now go back to Control Panel and type “system” in the search box. This will open a new window where you have to select the “View advanced system settings” option.
- Then under the Performance section, click on Settings and click on the option that allows you to show the thumbnails instead of icons.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the OneDrive thumbnails are not showing error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the OneDrive thumbnails are not showing error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.