What to do if Microsoft Surface Dial fails to pair with Windows 10 computer
One of the most interesting innovations that were released by Microsoft is the Surface Dial. This only goes to show that Microsoft is very competent not just in hardware but in overall innovation. Although it’s quite a piece of technology and as far as the consensus is concerned, it works pretty well, there are still some issues encountered by users. One of the particular issues experienced by users is that the Surface Dial fails to pair with every Windows 10 PC.
At a time of writing, it is still not clear what the cause of the problem really is. However, their possible solutions are provided in this post that might help you resolve the problem. Before you get started troubleshooting the problem, make sure that there are two AAA batteries fitted inside properly.
Option 1 – Check if your PC supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE
In case you don’t know, the Surface Dial only works with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and later PCs that support Bluetooth 4.0 LE. Thus, you have to check if this is supported or not before you troubleshoot further.
- Tap the Win + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “devmgmt.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- From there, click on Bluetooth and select “Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator” from the drop-down menu. However, if it is not there, then it simply means that your computer does not support this standard which is most likely why you were unable to pair with other Windows 10 PCs. On the other hand, if you were able to see it, then proceed to the next troubleshooting steps below.
Option 2 – Check if Bluetooth is on
The next thing you have to do is to check if Bluetooth is turned on. As you know, the Surface Dial connects to your computer using Bluetooth and so you need to check if it’s really on or not. Aside from that, you also have to verify pairing.
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Next, select Devices from the menu and click on Bluetooth.
- After that, make sure that the toggle switch for Bluetooth is turned on.
- Now all you have to do is to verify pairing by pressing and holding the pairing button located beside the batteries and then wait for a few seconds until the Bluetooth light begins to flash.
- Then go back to the Bluetooth section and click on Bluetooth or other devices.
- From there, click on Add Bluetooth and select Surface Dial.
- Follow the next instructions on the screen and click on Done once everything is completed. That should fix the problem.
Option 3 – Check if Surface Dial is connected to another PC
If you think that connecting a Bluetooth device to two different PCs at the same time is wise, then think again as it does not really bode well for the overall user experience. Thus, you need to disconnect the Surface Dial from the system that you are currently using.
On the other hand, if everything fails, then it’s most likely that the Bluetooth adapter is the one at fault. So you may have to get a third-party device that connects to your system via USB and then see if it works or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Microsoft Surface Dial fails to pair with PC error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Microsoft Surface Dial fails to pair with PC error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.