What to do if Microsoft Store keeps updating the same apps in Windows 10
As you know, the Microsoft store is a built-in tool in Windows 10 where you can find a variety of applications. It helps users in downloading or updating apps in the system. However, there are instances when you could encounter issues while using it. One of the issues that you could face when using the Microsoft Store app is when it keeps on offering apps you have just updated or when you are not able to update any apps at all.
This kind of issue in the Microsoft Store app might be caused by other issues like a damaged Windows Store cache. There are several options you can check out to resolve the problem. You can try to check the registry setting or run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter or clear the Windows Store cache manually or reset its settings. You could also try to re-register the Microsoft Store app. For more details, refer to each one of the options provided below but before you troubleshoot the problem, make sure that you create a System Restore point.
Option 1 – Run the Windows Store App troubleshooter
The Windows 10 Store Apps Troubleshooter will help you in fixing the problem in Microsoft Store. This is a great built-in tool from Microsoft that helps users fix any app issues. To use the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, follow the steps below.
- Tap Win + I keys again to open the Windows Settings panel.
- Go to Update & Security and then go to Troubleshoot.
- Under the Troubleshoot section, on your left-hand side, scroll down to find Window Store Apps.
- Then click on the Run the troubleshooter option and follow the on-screen instructions and then see if it fixes the problem.
Option 2 – Try checking the settings in the Windows Registry
The next thing you can do to fix the problem is to check the Registry settings for the Windows Store.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run utility and type “Regedit” in the field and then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentVersion
- From there, look for the DWORD named “CurrentVersion” and make sure that its value data is set to 6.3, but if it’s not then change its value data to 6.3
- Exit the Registry Editor and restart your computer and then see if it fixed the problem with the Microsoft Store app.
Option 3 – Try to reset the Microsoft Store cache
Just like browsers, Microsoft Store also caches as you view apps and games so it is most likely that the cache is no longer valid and must be removed. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator).
- Next, type in the command, “exe” and tap Enter. Once you do, the command will clear the cache for the Windows Store app.
- Now restart your PC and afterward, try opening Microsoft Store again and then try to install your app or update your computer again.
Option 4 – Try to re-register the Microsoft Store app via Windows PowerShell
- Tap the Win + X key combination or right-click on the Start button and click on the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.
- If a User Account Control or UAC prompt appears, just click on Yes to proceed and open the Windows PowerShell window.
- Next, type in or copy-paste the following command to re-register the Microsoft Store app and tap Enter:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml
- Wait for the process to be completed and then restart your computer.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the MS Store keeps updating the same apps error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the MS Store keeps updating the same apps error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.