What to do if headphones are not visible in playback devices in Windows 10
If you connected headphones to your Windows 10 computer to listen to audio but when you check it in the playback devices, you’re not able to find it, read on as this post will guide you in what you can do to figure out what exactly caused this kind of problem and how you can resolve it.
This kind of issue could simply be with the headphone itself or the headphone port or your operating system. So if it turns out that the problem is with the hardware, you might have to replace the components. However, it is recommended that you troubleshoot the problem first before doing that. The most basic thing you can do is to try changing the headphone port, although this can be quite difficult since most computers don’t have any extra port for headphones if your computer has one, then give it a go. If it still didn’t work, follow each one of the options provided below.
Option 1 – Try to run the Playing Audio troubleshooter
Since the Windows 10 operating system has the Playing Audio Troubleshooter, you can use this troubleshooter to try and fix the problem with the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error. You can access this tool in the Control Panel or in the Taskbar Search and even on the Troubleshooters page of Windows 10.
Run this troubleshooter and see if it can fix the issue or not.
Option 2 – Try to update the Audio driver
If the error has something to do with software, chances are it might be related to the audio driver – it could be that the newest version of your Windows 10 does not work well with the old version of the driver. This is why you have to update your audio driver to the newest available version.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and then type in MSC and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Expand the section of the Audio inputs and outputs.
- And then from the drop-down menu, select the Update Driver option and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of the driver.
- Then also click on the option, “Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Restart your PC after the installation.
Note: If updating the Audio driver didn’t work, you can go to the website of your PC manufacturer and look for the support section where you can download the drivers for your computer. You just need to take note of your PC’s correct model and model number so you can find the appropriate driver.
Option 3 – Try enabling the headphones from the playback devices
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type the “CPL” command.
- Tap Enter to open the Playback devices.
- Next, right-click on any open space section and check the boxes for the “Show Disconnected Devices” and “Show Disabled Devices” options.
- After that, this should help in displaying the headphones in the section of Playback devices.
- And if they are disabled, you can just right-click them to have them enabled.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Headphones are not visible in playback devices error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Headphones are not visible in playback devices error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.