What to do if Google Drive Unable to Connect in Windows 10
As you know, the Google Drive service is a Backup and Synchronization service provided by Google. It was launched way back in April 2012 which provides users with the options to synchronize, store and share files by uploading them to Google’s servers where they stay until they are deleted personally by the users and can be accessed anywhere using the Google Account that’s used to upload them.
Recently, a lot of users reported that they were unable to connect to Google Drive from their Windows 10 computers. This kind of problem has been noticed in the middle of the upload process and can be seen at times after the app launches. If you also experience the same issue, then you’ve come to the right place as this post will guide you in fixing it.
There are a lot of possible reasons why this kind of problem occurs. It could be that the app was not able to launch properly or the internet got disconnected when the app was about to launch. It is also possible that the Firewall has blocked the app from connecting to the internet or that the antivirus program is preventing the app from making contact with its database. Aside from that, it is possible that the account you are using on your computer is preventing Google Drive from connecting to the internet due to some configuration errors.
Follow the suggestions provided below to fix the connection issue with Google Drive.
Option 1 – Configure the Firewall
As mentioned, the Windows Firewall might be blocking the app from contacting its database so, in this option, you have to allow Google Drive through the Firewall. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Windows Start Search, type “firewall” and click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” option from the search results.
- After that, you will see a list of apps, and here, click on the “Change Settings” button.
- Next, scroll down and make sure to check both the “Public” and “Private” options for Google Drive.
- Now click on Ok to save the changes made and then try to launch Google Drive again.
Option 2 – Try to launch Google Drive again
Google Drive might have not launched properly that’s why it can’t connect to its servers so you can try to launch it again and see if it helps.
- Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Next, go to the Processes tab and click on the “View” option located at the top.
- After that, uncheck the “Group by Type” option and click on the “Google Drive Sync” from the list of processes.
- Then click on the “End Task” option and close the Task Manager.
- Launch Google Drive again and see if the issue is now resolved.
Option 3 – Temporarily disable third-party antivirus
Aside from Firewall, antivirus programs, especially the third party ones, are also known to block files applications the instant it detects a threat to the system. Thus, your antivirus program might be the reason why you can’t download anything on your Windows 10 computer. To fix this, you can try to disable the antivirus program on your computer in the meantime and then try to launch Google Drive again. Do not forget to enable them again as disabling them can leave your computer vulnerable to cyber threats.
Option 4 – Try to create a new account
There are times when a certain configuration for a user account might be blocking some elements of the Google Drive app. In such cases, you can try to create a new account to fix the problem.
- Click on the Windows key and then click on the icon for Settings.
- From there, click on the Accounts button and select the “Family & Other People” option from the left pane.
- Next, click the “Add someone else to this PC” option.
- After that, click on the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” option and select the “Add a user without a Microsoft Account” setting.
- Type in the credentials for the new account you are creating and click on Next.
- After the account is created, click on the account and then select the “Change account type” option.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the “Administrator” option and then click on OK.
- Now sign out of the current account and sign in to the new one and then open Google Drive again.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Google Drive Unable to Connect error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Google Drive Unable to Connect error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.