What to do if Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10
A lot of Windows 10 users prefer the black theme on their computers and when you see anything but black it can get quite annoying. Such as is the case of the Taskbar which, as you know, is usually dark, however, when you take a look at the Cortana search bar, instead of seeing black, you’ll see that it has turned white. To fix this issue, read on as we will provide you some options you can try to set the Cortana search bar back to black. Before you proceed, take note that the options provided below will change all white search boxes to black and that one of these options needs administrative privileges.
Option 1 – Try changing the default App mode
As you know, Windows 10 has two modes, namely the Light and the Dark. Thus, you can switch to the Dark mode so that your Cortana search bar will be black as well. However, remember that it will completely change everything into dark mode so there will be no more Light mode elsewhere.
- First, you need to click on the Start button and then click on the cog icon to open the Windows 10 Settings.
- Next, from the Settings Menu, select Personalization and then select Colours from the left pane.
- Then scroll down until you see the “Choose your default app mode” option and select “Dark”.
After you apply the changes, it will change the Cortana search bar into black instantly. Aside from that, you will also see the User Interface changing into dark mode.
Option 2 – Try changing the Registry value
If you are well-versed in editing registry keys, then you need to try this option. But before you go over the steps below, make sure that you create a System Restore point first so that if anything goes wrong, you can always go back to how it was before the changes were applied.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run prompt.
- Then in the field, type in “regedit” and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor. If a User Account Control prompt appears, just click Yes.
- Now that you’ve opened the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
- After that, double-click on the “Value” key located on the right pane and set the value to “0” instead of “1” and then click Ok to save the changes made. You should now see a black or grey text box color instead of white.
Option 3 – Try changing the Region
In some forums, a lot of users stated that changing the Region also worked out for them in changing the white Cortana search bar to white. Thus, you need to change the region settings of your computer temporarily. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Type in “Regional Settings” in the box and then click it as soon as it appears from the search results.
- Next, make sure to select a region where Cortana is not available.
- Then select apply to that region. After that, it will change the Cortana search bar color to black.
- Now sign out and sign back in and revert to the original settings. But the changes you made earlier in Cortana will still remain.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Cortana Search Box turned white error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Cortana Search Box turned white error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.