Uninstalling the Weather App in Windows 10
Windows 10 has a pre-installed Weather app that offers the local weather information, forecast, temperature gradient, historical data, multiple locations, and many more. It can be handy especially if you tend to check on the weather. However, if you are one of those users who barely use this app, you have the option to uninstall it from your computer and that’s exactly what we’re going to do in this post.
There are several methods to uninstall the Weather app in Windows 10. You can uninstall it via Settings or Start Menu or even using a command in Windows PowerShell. Note that uninstalling the Weather app does not affect the functionality of your Windows 10 computer by any means so you shouldn’t worry about uninstalling it. To get started, follow the instructions provided below.
Option 1 – Uninstall the Weather app through Settings
The first option you can try to uninstall the Weather app is through Settings. It’s a very simple process so you wouldn’t have any trouble following it.
- First, click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
- From there, select System > Apps & Features.
- After that, wait until the list of apps is opened, and then look for the Weather app and click on it.
- Next, click on Uninstall in the given menu to uninstall the Weather app from your computer.
Option 2 – Uninstall the Weather app through the Start Menu
Another simple way to uninstall the Weather app is through the Start Menu. It only takes a right click and there are actually two ways to go about this – one is new with the recent feature update of Windows. How? Refer to these steps:
- Click on the Start button and type in “weather” and right-click on the Weather app which appears in the list.
- Next, click on the Uninstall option. This will uninstall the Weather app.
- You can also use the other uninstall option which you can find on the right side of the list that also shows other quick action for the app.
Option 3 – Uninstall the Weather app through a command in Windows PowerShell
- Tap the Win + X key combination and click on the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option to open PowerShell with admin privileges.
- After that, execute the following Remove App package command for the Weather app to uninstall it.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.BingWeather | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once done, it will remove the Weather app from your computer.
Congratulations, you have just Uninstalled the Weather Appr in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Uninstall the Weather App in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.