Reset Windows 10 computer without using the Settings app
As you know, the Settings app is a vital part of Windows 10 as it helps in fixing issues in the system and offers users access to various Troubleshooters, as well as the Reset function and many more. So if you want to Reset this PC or a Windows Store app, you need to use the Settings app to do so. However, one of the most annoying errors you can encounter when using the Settings app is that it crashes or sometimes does not open at all. Thus, if you are having issues with this app, worry not for there are alternative ways you can try to reset your Windows 10 PC.
For you to reset your Windows 10 PC without using the Settings app, the main option you have is to use the Advanced Startup options and there are different methods by which it can be accessed. It can be accessed via Lockscreen, Command Prompt window, or via Start Menu.
Option 1 – Reset Windows 10 via Lockscreen
- You need to first boot into the Advanced Startup options from the lock screen. If you’re already logged in to your account, you have to hit the Win + L keys to get on the lock screen.
- Next, click on the Power button located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After that, hold the Shift key and click on Restart to restart your computer into the Advanced Setup option mode. And from there, you can reset your Windows 10 computer.
Option 2 – Reset Windows 10 via Command Prompt
- Search for “cmd” in the Cortana search box or hit the Win + R keys to open the Run box and type “cmd” in the field and hit Enter to open Command Prompt.
- If a User Account Control or UAC prompt appears, click Yes to proceed in opening Command Prompt.
- After that, type the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
- After you execute the command, it will restart your computer into the Advanced Startup options where you can reset your Windows 10 computer.
Option 3 – Reset Windows 10 via Start Menu
- Tap the Win key or click on the Start button located in the Taskbar.
- Then click on the Power button at the bottom right portion of the screen.
- Next, press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and then click on Restart. This will restart your Pc into the Advanced Startup options.
Note: Once you have access to the Advanced Startup options, you have to go to the setting which allows you to Reset your Windows 10 PC. All you have to do is select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC to reach the following screen
Afterward, select either the “Keep my files” option or the “Remove everything” option depending on your preference, and then proceed to the next on-screen instructions that follow to reset your Windows 10 computer.
Congratulations, you have just Reset the Windows computer without the Settings app in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you Reset a Windows computer without the Settings app in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.