How to Resolve Regsvr32.exe Error Code
What is Regsvr32.exe Error?
Regsvr32 (Microsoft Register Server) is a command-line utility in Microsoft Windows Operating System. This is used for registering and unregistering OLE controls such as ActiveX controls and DLLs in the Windows Registry.
This is executed as Regsvr32.exe. The filename extension .exe is the abbreviation for executable. It is installed in the %systemroot%System32 folder in Windows XP and new Windows versions.
The Regsvr32.exe is an error that occurs when you attempt to run Regsvr32.exe to register a 32 bit DLL (Dynamic Link Library) on a 64-bit version of Windows.
The error message is displayed as the following:
- Filename.dll is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
- Unrecognized flag: /invalid_flag
- No DLL name specified
- Dll_Name is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
- The module “%1” failed to load.
There are multiple causes for the Regsvr32.exe error code. These include:
- Invalid entry (command) path
- Active X control errors
- Missing or Damaged .dll files
- Viral infection (Trojans) (.exe can easily get infected by viruses)
- Registry issues
If you come across the Regsvr32.exe error code, it is advisable to repair it immediately before the damage sets in. Since this may occur due to viral infection, it can pose privacy and data security risks to your PC.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Here are solutions that you can implement to resolve the Regsvr32.exe error code on your system:
- If an invalid entry point is the cause of the error, then simply open an elevated command prompt. If the 32-bit DLL is in the %systemroot%System32 folder, then move it to the %systemroot%SysWoW64 folder. After that run the following command: %systemroot%SysWoW64regsvr32 <full path of the DLL>. This will help resolve the Regsvr32.exe error.
- If the cause of the error is a viral infection, then you will need to run a powerful antivirus to detect and remove viruses from your system to resolve the Regsvr32.exe error on your system.
- Nonetheless, if the causes for Regsvr32.exe are either Active X controls or registry corruption, then you will need to scan your computer with different tools to resolve each issue separately.
This can be time-consuming and too many program installations at one time can also slow down your system’s performance. This means you’ll also have to compromise on your PC’s speed.
Repair Regsvr32.exe Error With Restoro
To avoid all this hassle yet repair the Regsvr32.exe error, download Restoro.
This is a multi-functional and innovative PC repair tool deployed with multiple utilities in one program including features like a registry cleaner and an Active X controls error fixer. It also functions as a system optimizer.
It is a one-stop solution for all your PC-related errors including the Regsvr32.dll error.
It is safe, efficient, and user-friendly. It is compatible with all Windows versions.
When the RAM overloads it leads to damaged dlls and registry corruption. The registry cleaner utility repairs the damaged dll files and the corrupt registry. It wipes out all the unnecessary files cluttering the RAM including the junk files, invalid registry entries, and temporary files.
Restoro also has an Active X controls scanning utility. This utility can be of great use if the Regsvr32.exe error is triggered by Active X control-related issues.
Click here to download Restoro and resolve Regsvr32.exe on your computer right away.