How to use the Installation Media to Repair or Boot Windows 10
If you are not able to access the Windows 10 Advanced troubleshooting options within Windows then you’ve come to the right place as this post will guide you on how you can repair or boot the Windows 10 installation without losing data using the bootable installation USB or DVD media. To repair or boot Windows 10 using the installation media, you have to download the Windows ISO, create a bootable USB or DVD drive, boot from the media and select “Repair your computer” and then select Startup Repair under Advanced troubleshooting. To get started, follow the given steps below carefully.
Step 1: Frist, download the Windows ISO.
Although this is not necessarily needed, it’s still better if you download the Windows ISO first so make sure that you download the same ISO version as installed on your computer.
Step 2: Next, create a bootable USB or DVD drive.
- Insert your USB drive into your PC.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type in “cmd” and tap Enter to open the Command Prompt. Alternatively, you can also search for “cmd” in the Cortana search box to open Command Prompt.
- Once you’ve opened CMD, type in this command to open the DISPART utility – diskpart
- After that, you should see a new black and white window that would say, “DISKPART>”.
- Next, type in “list disk” in the command line and tap Enter to see the list of all the Storage devices as well as your hard disk connected to your PC. Here, you have to identify your disk’s number.
- Type in this command where “X” is the disk number you have identified and then tap Enter – disk X
- Type in this command and hit Enter to clear the table records and all the visible data on the drive – clean
- Now you have to recreate a new primary partition of the drive so you’ll have to type in this command and tap Enter right after – create part pri
- A new primary partition has been created so you have to select it by typing this command and tapping Enter – select part 1
- Now you have to format it to make it visible to normal users by typing – format fs=ntfs quick
Note: If your platform supports the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface or UEFI, replace the “NTFS” with “FAT32” in the command on Step 10.
- After that, type in this command and tap Enter after – active
- Finally, type this command and hit Enter to exit the utility – exit
- After you prepare the image for the operating system, save it to the root of your USB Storage device.
Step 3: After creating a bootable drive, boot from the media and select the “Repair your computer” option.
Once you boot from the USB drive, it will start the Windows 10 installation right away. So you must not keep on clicking Next as you will end up installing Windows. You need to look for the “Repair your computer” link on the first installation screen and click on it and then boot your computer into Advanced Recovery.
Step 4: Select Startup Repair under the Advanced options screen
- Once you’re at the Advanced Recovery screen, select Advanced Options and select Troubleshoot.
- After that, look for the Startup Repair and click on it and then follow the next on-screen instructions. This solution will help you fix issues that do not allow you to boot into your computer.
- On the next screen, you will see the admin account with its name. Click on it and verify using the account password associated with the email.
- After verification, it will start to diagnose your computer and automatically resolve any detected issues related to boot.
- After the issue is fixed, your computer should reboot normally and you should now be able to use it. Note that your personal files are still intact since the process didn’t delete or wipe them out.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Use the Installation Media to Repair or Boot in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.