Repair Windows 10 Error Code 0xC1900200, 0x20008
Code 0xC1900200, 0x20008, What is it?
Error Code 0xC1900200, 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008) is an error that occurs when you attempt to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10, but the minimum requirements have not been met by your computer. You will therefore be unable to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 until your computer is updated or upgraded to meet those requirements.
Common symptoms include:
- When attempting to upgrade a dialog box with Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008) is displayed.
- Your computer is unable to begin the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade process.
Error Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008) occurs when you are unable to begin the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade because your computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run Microsoft Windows 10.
- You are unable to begin the upgrade because your computer does not meet the required system or hardware specifications.
- You are not running the correct version of Microsoft Windows to be able to begin the upgrade.
- You are not running the latest updated version of Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or Microsoft Windows 8.1. Error Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008) as stated, simply means your computer does not meet the requirements to update and does not indicate a permanent problem or inability to continue to use your computer. This error only means that you will not be able to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 until your computer is made to meet these requirements.
Further Information and Manual Repair
There are several solutions that the user can complete at home that should fix the problem resulting in a manifestation of Error Code 0xC1900200 – 0x20008 (Code 0xC1900202 – 0x20008). Below are several options that should resolve this error.
Verify what version of Microsoft Windows you are currently running, older, outdated, or no longer supported versions of Microsoft Windows are not able to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10. If you are not running one of the following versions you will have to update before being able to upgrade.
- The most current version of Microsoft Windows 7 SP1
- The most current version of Microsoft Windows 8.1
Your computer’s system specifications do not meet the requirements to be able to upgrade to and run Microsoft Windows 10. To check your system specifications do the following.
- Click on the start button in the bottom left corner, then locate the control panel on the menu, click on it to open.
- Once it opens, locate system and security on the menu and click to open, click on system and this will show you your amount of RAM and processor speed.
- Find device manager on the left-hand side click this then select display adapter, and it will show you your current video card.
- Click on the start button again, then click on the computer in the menu, this will show you your hard drive size, and available space.
If you have the option available you can simply run the get Microsoft Windows 10 app to check compatibility. Once you have your system specs make sure they meet or exceed the following.
- 1 GHz or higher processor or SoC
- 1 gig of RAM for 32 bit and 2 gigs of RAM for 64 bit
- 16 GB available hard drive space for 32 bit, 20 GB for 64 bit
- Minimum of DirectX9 that has 1.0 WDDM
- At least an 800×600 display
If your computer does not meet these minimum requirements, upgrade the components necessary to meet them. If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Your computer might not meet the aforementioned requirements to make an upgrade because of insufficient hard drive space or resources. Learn how to create space on your computer.
Many people hold on to and use the same computer for a very long time. It is possible that your computer cannot be upgraded to meet the requirements, or that the cost to do so would be so high that a new computer would be cheaper. If that is the case, your only option may be to replace your computer.