How to perform System Restore when Windows 10 won’t boot
System restore is usually the go-to tool when something goes bad in Windows, we fire it up and roll back Windows in the state when everything was working fine. But what if Windows does not want to boot? Can we use system restore in that case?
The answer to that question would be yes, yes we can.
- Boot interrupt Windows 10 by starting your PC and as soon as you see the Windows logo; press and hold the power button to force a shutdown.
- Repeat this 2-4 times and Windows will open up the Advanced Startup Options menu for you.
- At the Advanced Startup Options screen, select Advanced Options.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Under the Advanced options screen, select System Restore.
or if you prefer, use Windows USB installation.
- Boot the faulty PC using the Windows 10 installation media.
- The Windows Setup dialog box will appear.
- Set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method, and the language to install.
- Click Next.
- Click on Repair your computer from the lower-left corner.
- From the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced Options in the Troubleshoot screen.
- In the Advanced Options screen, click System Restore.
- Windows will take some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device.
- When System Restore is ready, you will be prompted to choose a user account to continue.
- Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 computer or device.
- At the next screen, change the keyboard layout if you want and then input the password for that account.
- Click the Continue button.
Congratulations, you have just performed System Restore when Windows 10 won’t boot in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the System Restore when Windows 10 won’t boot in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.