How to Fix “Your PC can’t project to another screen, Try reinstalling the driver” Error in Windows 10
In case you don’t know, Windows 10 comes with a native ability to project to another screen, be it wireless or wired. All it takes to do that is by tapping the Win + P key combination to display options to manage the extended display. However, there are times when you might encounter errors when you do that like the “Your PC can’t project to another screen” error. This kind of error stops you from projecting your computer to the other screen. Here’s the full content of the error message:
“Your PC can’t project to another screen, Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card.”
This error could be due to loosely connected hardware or the display adapter. It is also possible that a recent Windows Update has messed up its settings. To resolve this issue, you can try several suggestions that will be given in this post. You can try to check the hardware cable connections or run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. You could also update or reinstall the display adapters or replace the graphics card.
Option 1 – Try checking the hardware connections
The first thing you have to do before you further troubleshoot the problem is to check the hardware connections of your computer and see if there are damaged ones, just like with the ports as it would also affect the overall connectivity of the device with the computer. You also have to make sure that no pin is missing from the ports. So if you notice some irregularities in the connecting cable physically, you might have to buy another one and replace it and then see if it fixes the problem or not.
Option 2 – Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooters
- The first thing you need to do is click on Start and then on the gear-like icon to pull up the window for Settings.
- After opening Settings, look for the Update and Security option and select it.
- From there, go to the Troubleshoot option located on the left-hand side of the list.
- Next, select Hardware and Devices from the list and open the Troubleshooter and run it. Once it is doing its job, wait for it to complete the process and then restart the system.
- After the system restarts, check if the problem’s now fixed. If not, refer to the next option given below.
Option 3 – Try to update or reinstall the display adapters
You might also want to update the drivers for Display adapters and Monitors or you might also have to update or reinstall your NVIDIA driver if you’re using one. To update or reinstall the display adapters, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and then type in MSC and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- Expand the section for Display Adapters.
- And then select the Display Driver and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Update Driver option and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of the Display Driver.
- Restart your PC after the installation.
If you find that updating the drivers does not help, you can try to reinstall them. How? Simply follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + X keys and select the Device Manager.
- After that, look for the affected driver in the Device Manager window. And if you see a yellow exclamation mark beside it, right-click on it and select the option “Rollback” to roll back the driver.
- And if the Rollback option is not available, just select Uninstall and then restart your PC.
- Finally, open the Devices Manager once again and select the option “Scan for hardware changes” to install the driver.
Option 4 – Consider replacing the graphics card
You might also want to consider replacing the graphics card of your computer to resolve the problem if the options provided above didn’t work.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Your PC can’t project to another screen error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Your PC can’t project to another screen error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.