How to Fix Windows Upgrade or Activation error 0xc03f6506 in Windows 10
There are a lot of home users that often get a computer that comes installed with the Windows 10 Home. And since Windows 10 Pro offers more features and utilities compared to Windows 10 Home, a lot of users also prefer to upgrade their Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. However, while doing so, a number of users reported that they encountered error 0xc03f6506 and they were not able to proceed with the upgrade.
If you are one of these users, when you encounter error 0xc03f6506, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“The last product key you entered can’t be used on this copy of Windows (0xc03f6506).”
This particular error tends to occur when you go on to activate Windows 10 although it can also appear during the upgrade process. In such cases, you will see the following error message:
“Unable to upgrade your edition, We can’t upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again. (0xc03f6506).”
To fix the Activation Error Code 0xc03f6506 in Windows 10, use the options provided below as references but before you proceed, make sure that you create a System Restore point first.
Option 1 – Try to use the Registry Editor
If you have already upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and you’re having trouble with its Activation, then you might want to apply some registry tweaks to fix the problem. How? Refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R key combination to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “Regedit” in the field and click OK or tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry key: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion
- From there, look for a DWORD named “EditionID” and once you found it, double click on it and change its Value data to Windows 10 Professional.
- After that, look for another DWORD named “ProductName” and double click on it to change its Value data to Windows 10 Professional.
- Once you’re done, restart your computer to apply the changes made successfully.
Option 2 – Try to use Command Prompt
If the registry tweaks you applied didn’t fix the Activation error, then you can try using Command Prompt instead. Note that you can use this option in both scenarios pointed out above.
- First, you have to insert a bootable drive of the Windows10 installer.
- Next, tap the Win + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- After opening Command Prompt as admin, navigate to the root location of the bootable drive inside the Command Prompt command line.
- Once you’re already there, type the following command and tap Enter:
setup.exe /auto upgrade /pkey <YOUR WINDOWS 10 PRO EDITION PRODUCT KEY>
After entering the command, check if it was able to fix the Windows Upgrade or Activation error 0xc03f6506. If not, refer to the next given option below.
Option 3 – Try to disable the Network Adapter
Just like the second option, you can also use this option for both the given scenarios above.
- Tap the Win + X keys and select Network Connections from the menu.
- This will open the settings for your network and on the left side panel, click on the “Change adapter settings” link. This will open Control Panel.
- From there, click on the network your computer is connected to, and then right-click on the Network Adapter that you are using and select Disable.
- After disabling the Network Adapter, try to switch to the edition of your copy of Windows 10 again and see if the problem is now fixed and don’t forget to double click on the disabled Network Adapter to get back on the Network.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0xc03f6506 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0xc03f6506 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.