How to Fix Windows Error 0x8024402f
Error Code 0x8024402f What is it?
Error code 0x8024402f is a Windows Update error indicating some sort of connectivity issue. Windows may show you the Error 0x8024402f in Windows 10 whenever you try to download and install new updates. This error is caused by small interruptions in communications between the computer to be updated and the update to be downloaded. These issues usually resolve themselves. Windows Firewall settings may also be blamed for this problem.
- Error code 0x8024402f prevents you from installing the latest version of Windows 10
- This Error prevents you from downloading new and latest updates from Microsoft
- This error is caused by a problem with the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
- This error can occur even if no changes are made to network settings.
- Your Firewall settings may cause this problem.
- A high number of update requests on the Windows Update server may cause this problem.
More Information and Manual Repair
- Exit Windows Update. Wait for 10 to 15 minutes, and then restart Windows Update to check for updates. OR
- Turn on Windows Automatic Update so that updates are installed automatically every 24 hours.
Uninstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile:
- Click Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features
- Locate the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Right-click and then select Uninstall/Change
- Confirm that you want this component to be uninstalled. This may take a few minutes.
- Reboot your computer
- When the system has restarted, re-run Windows Update as you normally would.
Check your internet connection:
As mentioned earlier the error code 0x8024402f is related to connection problems with Windows Update. It means that your computer isn’t able to connect with the Microsoft Update server; therefore you’re unable to receive any new updates. So, you either have a problem with the internet connection or the Microsoft Update server is corrupted. If the problem is caused by the Microsoft Update server, you just need to wait a while because Microsoft staff will most probably solve the problem quickly.
But, if the issue isn’t related to your internet connection, you should perform the following method:
- Got to Search and enter Identify and Repair
- Open Identify and repair network problems
- Click on the Search Result.
- It should automatically Start the identifying process
- If your network has any issue then it will show you and ask you to fix it.
Now, establish your internet connection. The problem 0x8024402 should be solved by now and you’ll be able to update your Windows 10 Technical Preview to the latest 10049 builds.
Turn on Windows Firewall:
If you have some anti-malware or antivirus on your Windows 10 PC, then it might turn off Windows Firewall on its own or create its own Firewall as default. If this is the case, you will need to turn on Windows Firewall.
- Search for “Firewall” OR
- Click on Windows Firewall from Control Panel.
- On the left pane, Click on Turn Windows Firewall ON or OFF.
- Click on Turn on Windows Firewall then Click Ok.
- That is it. Now, try again and see if you are still getting Windows Update Error 0x8024402f in your Windows 10.
This is an advanced method:
- If the above steps fail, then you might surely want to try this advanced method, which is Enabling ActiveX in your Router Firewall settings.
- If you had turned off ActiveX in your Router Firewall settings then this must be the culprit and so Error 0x8024402f is shown whenever you try to get Windows Update.
- All you need to do is Enable ActiveX by going to your Router Firewall settings and that should do it. The Error should be gone for good now and you will be easily able to install the Updates in your Windows 10.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.