How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x8024000B in Windows 10
As you know, Windows Updates are essential for your operating system as it keeps it protected from potential threats, fixes bugs and improves your experience in using Windows 10. However, there are instances when Windows Updates also cause errors and one of them is the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B.
One of the causes of this particular Windows Update error is that Windows was not able to read the Update Manifest file which is needed to install the Windows Updates. This means that the operation was canceled by either the service or the user. On the other hand, this error could also occur if you are not able to filter the results. When you encounter this error, you will see an error message that says, “WU_E_CALL_CANCELLED: Operation was canceled”. This indicates that the operation was canceled by the operating system itself.
To resolve the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B, here are some suggestions you need to check out.
Option 1 – Try to run the Cleanup (Decline) Superseded updates PowerShell script
The first thing you can do to fix the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B is to run the Cleanup (Decline) Superseded updates PowerShell script. This is actually an easy fix since all you have to do is download and run it from the Microsoft Technet site. Once you’re done downloading and running the file, restart your computer and see if the error is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to rename the Spupdsvc.exe file
If the first option didn’t work, you can try renaming the Spupdsvc.exe file which is one of the reasons why you’re getting the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B.
- First, tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run utility.
- Next, type the following command and hit Enter to execute it in cmd:
/c ren %systemroot%System32Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old
- The command you entered will rename the troublesome “Spupdsvc(.)exe” file to “Spupdsvc(.)old”.
- Now restart your computer after the command has been executed.
Option 3 – Try to restart various Windows Update-related services and components
You could also try to restart some Windows Update-related services to resolve the Windows Update error. Refer to the following steps to do so:
- Tap the Win + X key combination and select Command Prompt (Admin) to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- After opening Command Prompt, copy and paste each one of the commands listed below one by one and tap Enter right after you enter each command.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- net stop appidsvc
- ren %systemroot%SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
- ren %systemroot%system32catroot2 catroot2.bak
- Once you’ve entered all the commands given above, they will stop all the Windows Update services that are running on your computer as well as clear the SoftwareDistribution folder, and reset the Catroot2 folder. Now you have to start all these Windows Update services you’ve just stopped by executing the following commands:
- net start wuauserv
- net start bits
- net start appidsvc
- net start cryptsvc
- After that, restart your computer and try to run the setup again, and see if the error is now fixed.
Option 4 – Try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
You should also try to run the built-in Windows Update troubleshooter as it could help you resolve the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B. To run it refer to these steps:
- Go to Settings and then click on Windows Update from the given menu.
- Next, click on the Troubleshoot option and select Windows Update from the given options to run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- After that, follow the next on-screen instructions and wait until the process is completed, and check if the Windows Update Error 0x8024000B is fixed or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x8024000B error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x8024000B error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.