How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070652 in Windows 10
If you encounter a Windows Update error with an error code 0x80070652 and an error message saying, “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING”, then it indicates that there was a previous Windows Update that was not installed successfully. This kind of Windows Update error typically happens when it gets stuck and so to resolve it, here are some suggestions that might help.
Option 1 – Restart your computer and try installing the Updates again
You can restart your computer and then try installing the updates once again. There are instances when a simple restart resolves Windows Update errors. Thus, after you restart your computer, check for updates once again and see if you’re still getting the error or not.
Option 2 – Try running the Windows Update troubleshooter
You might also want to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter as it could also help in fixing Windows Update error code 0x80070652. To run it, go to Settings and then select Troubleshoot from the options. From there, click on Windows Update and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button. After that, follow the next on-screen instructions and you should be good to go.
Option 3 – Try downloading the Windows Update that failed
If the Windows Update that has failed is not a feature update and only a cumulative update, you can download the Windows Update and install it manually. But first, you need to find out which update has failed, and to do so, refer to the following steps:
- Go to Settings and from there go to Update and Security > View Update History.
- Next, check which particular update has failed. Note that Updates that have failed to install will be displayed under the Status column which has a label of “Failed”.
- After that, go to the Microsoft Download Center and look for that update using its KB number and once you find it, download and then install it manually.
Note: You can also use the Microsoft Update Catalog, a service from Microsoft that provides a list of software updates that can be distributed over a corporate network. With the help of this service, it can be easier for you to find Microsoft software updates, drivers as well as fixes.
Option 4 – Try to restart the Background Intelligent Transfer Service
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BITS is a part of the Windows Update service and is the one that manages the background download of Windows Update, as well as scans for new updates and so on. And if Windows Update is experiencing some problems, you can try restarting BITS but make sure that you have admin privileges to do so.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “services.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open Windows Services.
- From the list of Services, look for the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and double-click on it to open Properties.
- After that, you need to set the Startup type to “Automatic (Delayed Start) and click on Apply.
- Now click the Stop button to stop BITS and then click the Start button to restart the service.
- Click OK to save the changes made and then restart your PC.
Option 5 – Try to update Windows after a couple of minutes or an hour
There are times when the issue is from Microsoft’s end. It could be that there’s some issue with Microsoft’s server so it would be better if you give it a couple of minutes or an hour or so before trying to run Windows Update again.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80070652 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80070652 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.