How to Fix Windows Store Error Code 0x80240017
Error Code 0x80240017 – What is it?
Error code 0x80240017 is associated with installing or updating a Windows Store app. This error is more common in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. It appears due to missing certain system files and also corrupt registry.
- When you try to install a Windows Store app on a PC running Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2, the installation fails and you receive an error message: 0x80240017
- Certain apps may become unresponsive.
- You may not be able to download apps or Windows update
- You may have difficulty updating or installing and uninstalling other built-in programs inside Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
- When you have multiple applications running, you may experience crashes and freezes.
The error code 0x80240017 in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 usually appears due to the fact that your system has changed after you installed a third-party application. It might also appear if registry entry has changed after a reboot of the operating system and you do not have the required permissions. Other causes may be due to:
- Corrupted, broken, or missing system files.
- Malware/spyware infection or virus attack
- Hardware/RAM decline
- Fragmented file
- Unnecessary or redundant program installations
Further Information and Manual Repair
Repairing Error Code 0x80240017 in Windows 8/Windows 8.1
Resetting Windows Store app:
- Press and hold the Windows key and press R. This will open up the Run command
- Now, type exe and hit Enter
- Just wait for it to finish and it will re-launch Windows Store. Now, try and install the app you were trying to install which was previously showing an error.
This basic solution will delete the cache and reset Windows Store.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on the Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix them.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing an error.
Disable Proxy Settings:
Disable proxy server on Internet Explorer
- Press the Windows + R Run window will appear.
- Type cpl and hit Enter
- Click the Connections tab and click LAN settings
- Under proxy server uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN”
- Click OK
Now try to install apps from Windows Store.
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Open Run command as previously described
- Type MSConfig
- Click on the Boot tab
- Tick Safe boot in Boot option
- Select Network
- Click Apply and OK
- Reboot your system
Your system will boot in Safe mode with Networking. You may now try and open Windows Store and should not see any errors.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the “Settings” feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the “Change PC settings.”
- Now, left-click on the “Update and recovery” feature.
- For the next step, left-click on the “Recovery” feature.
- There is an option here saying “Refresh your PC without affecting your files.” There, left-click on the “Get started” button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error 0x80240017 has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.