How to Fix Windows Script Host Error In Windows 10 startup
In case you don’t know, the Windows Script Host provides capabilities such as batch files but it also includes many other features like it can be used by a user manual as well as created by the operating system to automate the flow of operations in the system. However, there are a lot of errors that could take place in such a process. One of them is the following error:
“Script: <PATH of the VBS Script>
Error: The description of the error.
Source: (Source of the error)”
At the time of writing, it isn’t clear yet what the root cause of the error really is but there are several potential fixes you can check out to fix it. You can try to run the System File Checker or set the default value for the .vbs key, or troubleshoot the problem in a Clean Boot State. You could also try to repair Install Windows 10 or scan your computer for malware. For more detailed instructions refer to the following options.
Option 1 – Try to run a System File Checker scan
- In the Windows Start Search, type “command prompt” and right-click on Command Prompt from the search results, and then select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt with admin privileges, type the “sfc /scannow” and tap Enter to execute it.
- Once the scan is finished, restart your computer and see if the Windows Script Host error.
Option 2 – Try setting the default value for the .vbs key
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “Regedit” in the field and tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to this registry path: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.vbs
- From there, double click on the default string and change its Value data to “VBSFile”.
- Exit the Registry Editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Option 3 – Try troubleshooting the problem in a Clean Boot State
Setting your computer in a Clean Boot State can help you diagnose and later troubleshoot the problems in your computer. During this state, the system will start with a minimal number of drivers and startup programs that help in isolating the problem with the interfering software. To put your computer in a Clean Boot State, follow the given steps below.
- Log onto your computer as an administrator.
- Type in MSConfig in the Start Search to open the System Configuration utility.
- From there, go to the General tab and click “Selective startup”.
- Clear the “Load Startup items” check box and make sure that the “Load System Services” and “Use Original boot configuration” options are checked.
- Next, click the Services tab and select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” check box.
- Click Disable all.
- Click on Apply/OK and restart your PC. (This will put your PC into a Clean Boot State. And configure Windows to use the usual startup, just simply undo the changes.)
- From there, start to isolate the problem by checking which one of the programs you installed recently is the root cause of the problem.
Option 4 – Try to repair install Windows 10
- First, you have to click this link and then click the Download Tool Now button.
- Next, click the “Use the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)…” option and follow the next given instructions on the screen.
- Now select the ISO file option in step 5.
- After that, you should now have an ISO file.
- Next, go to the location where you’ve downloaded the ISO file.
- Then right-click on the Windows 10 ISO file and select the Open with option and then select File Explorer.
- Now click on “setup.exe” and follow the next instructions that appear on the screen. When asked, you have to select either Nothing (clean install) or Keep personal files only option. Take note that you must not select the “Keep personal files, apps, and Windows settings”.
Option 5 – Try scanning your computer using Windows Defender
It is possible that your computer is infected with malware which could be why you’re getting the Windows Host Script error. Thus, you need to scan your computer using Windows Defender.
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Update & Security.
- Then click on the Windows Security option and open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Next, click on Virus & threat protection > Run a new advanced scan.
- Now make sure that Full Scan is selected from the menu and then click the Scan Now button to get started.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Windows Script Host in Windows startup error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Windows Script Host in Windows startup error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.