How to Fix Windows 10 Error C1900107
Error Code C1900107 – What is it?
Error code C1900107 is associated with an issue with upgrading to Windows 10. If you are trying to upgrade your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, you might have trouble doing it and you might come across this error C1900107. The error prevents you from upgrading to Windows 10 no matter what you do.
Common symptoms of this error:
- The update process continues for a long time and never ends.
- The update process ends suddenly and a message says “Failed: 1 update. Errors found: Code C1900107. Windows Update encountered an unknown error.”
- The update process fails after trying multiple times.
Following reasons may be responsible for this error:
- There is not enough space for Windows 10 files in the primary drive
- There is not enough space in System Reserved Partition
- Windows 10 files are faulty or corrupt
More Information and Manual Repair
Clean boot Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:
Whenever you get some unexpected behavior on your Windows 8, the first thing you should do is try to resolve the issue by taking a diagnostic approach. Plenty of factors can be the cause for issues like slowdowns, BSODs, computer freezes, sudden reboots, etc. The best way to detect the problem is to perform a clean boot. Using a clean boot, you can find out if the Operating System is damaged by some third-party app or bad driver. You can exclude the influence of these factors and prevent them from loading.
You should do 2 things before you proceed with the clean boot.
First, check if any third-party application is causing the problem. If you disable all third-party apps from startup, it will help eliminate software conflicts.
- Press the Windows + R on the keyboard. The Run dialog box will pop up.
- Type MSConfig in the dialog box and click “OK”.
- The System Configuration utility will appear on the screen.
- On the services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
- On the startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
- On the startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
- On the startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
Now, close MSConfig.
The second step is a Safe boot. Follow the steps below for a safe boot:
- Press Win + R shortcut keys on your keyboard. The Run dialog will appear on the screen. Type MSConfig and press Enter.
- The ‘System Configuration’ application will appear on the screen.
- Switch to the ‘Boot’ tab, select your Windows 8.1 entry and tick the ‘Safe mode’ checkbox.
- Reboot your PC to enter the Safe mode of Windows 8.1.
- After you finish troubleshooting in Safe Mode, run MSConfig again from Safe Mode and uncheck the checkbox from step 2.
For this method, you will need to find the $Windows.~BT Folder in your primary drive which is C:. This folder might contain corrupt files which are preventing you from installing Windows 10. The folder is hidden and we need to unhide it. Follow the steps below:
- Open File Explorer or alternatively double click on This PC or My Computer.
- Now from the top option click on View, The Check the Box that says Hidden items.
- Now you will be able to see hidden files and folders. Navigate to C:$Windows.~BT and Rename the folder to something like $Windows.~BT1.
- Now, try downloading Windows 10 again. The installation process should go through this time without any errors like code C1900107.
If the above methods fail, try this method:
- Go to C:\Windows\Software Distribution\Download. Now delete all the files from this download folder. Remember, do not delete the folder itself, and just delete the files.
- Now, delete the $Windows.~BT Folder. This might ask you for administrator permission. Simply click yes.
- Now try to install or upgrade to Windows 10. This method should work fine and there should be no error code C1900107.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.