How to fix Windows 10 Error 0x803f7000
Error code 0x803f7000 -What is it?
Error code 0x803f7000 refers to an issue in Windows 10 with downloading apps through Windows Store. When you choose the app or game to download, it heads to Downloads in the Store app. Then it says it is acquiring a license but then fails. When you click the “See details” link, you see the error code 0x803F7000. It could mean that the date and time or region settings in your Windows 10 are incorrect or there are some problems with the Windows Store Cache.
- This error appears when you are running Windows 10 and trying to download an app through the Microsoft store. The error code may appear with this message: “Something went wrong. The error code is 0x803f7000, in case you need it”
- You might also see this message along with the error code: “It looks like you’ve reached your device limit for installing apps and games from the Store on your Windows 10 device. If you want to install apps and games from the Store on another Windows 10 device, remove a device from the device list.”
There may be several reasons for this error:
- This problem may arise if the date and time in Windows 10 are incorrect.
- If the region has been set incorrectly.
- Problems with Windows store cache.
- Windows store server overloaded.
- The Windows version you are using is pirated.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Correcting date and time:
- Open up Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region.
- Then click on Date & Time.
- Now click on Change date & time to correct your time.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region.
- Then click on Region.
- Then click on the Location tab.
- Now set your actual region from Home location section.
- Click Apply & OK.
Resetting Windows Store:
- Press Windows Flag Key + X from your keyboard. Then select Command Prompt (Admin). It will launch Command prompt as administrator.
- Then type wsreset and hit Enter.
- Wait for a few seconds. It will automatically open Windows Store.
- Then try to download any apps.
- Open Command prompt in local machine and type in the Windows Store reset tool exe
- Activate Windows by going to Settings>Updates and Security
- Run the Modern UI/metro app troubleshooter from Microsoft
- Keep trying it several times.
- Try changing locale and time zone to the United States as shown below
- Go to control panel, Language settings
- Select location to the United States
- This will reset the language to US English. After this try downloading the apps again.
- Try restarting the Windows Updater service or restart the machine once.
You must make sure that you have a good internet connection. You need that for the updates and downloads complete without disruption.
Make sure the app isn’t blocked by the Windows firewall:
To make your PC more secure, some apps are blocked by Windows Firewall by default. For proper functioning, you might need to enable an app to receive info through the firewall. For more info, see the “Allow an app to receive info through the firewall,” and follow the procedure from start to finish.
Check with your system admin:
If your PC is part of a network in an organization, like a business, school, or government agency, your system administrator might have turned off the use of certain apps using the Group Policy. Contact your system admin if you believe that Group Policy is preventing you from using an app.
Make sure your apps are up-to-date:
To make the apps working properly, you must keep your apps up-to-date. This could be done by turning on automatic updates in the Windows Store.
Contact the app publisher
To view the publisher’s app support info, follow these steps:
- On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
- Search or browse for the app, and then tap or click it.
- Scroll to the Details section of the app’s description page, and then tap or click the support link for the app under Learn more. The link will open an email message for you to contact support or will take you to a support website.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.