How to Fix VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR (0x00000113) on Windows 10
A lot of Windows 10 users have reported recently that their computers are frequently crashing with a Blue Screen error with an error code “VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR”. This kind of Stop error appears not so often and its bug check value of 0x00000113 is an indication that there is some violation in the Microsoft DirectX graphics kernel subsystem. This error also occurs when there is a corrupted driver that interferes with the GPU’s normal functionality.
According to some security experts, this kind of error is reported to only occur in Windows 10 PCs. Users started getting this error right after a large Windows Update. The cause of this error might have something to do with a violation in the DirectX graphics kernel subsystem where there could be a bad DirectX install or some corrupted Dynamic Link Library or DLL. Aside from that, the error might also be caused by the Nvidia driver which might have crashed or it could also be that there is an intermittent power supply. Moreover, an outdated BIOS as well as a third-party security program might be the ones behind this Blue Screen error. Whichever the case may be, you need to fix the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD error by following the instructions given below carefully.
Option 1 – Try checking if the NVIDIA graphics card is enabled and update it as well
Although the problem is quite massive, the fix could be as simple as enabling the NVIDIA graphics card if it turns out to be disabled. There might be some strange reason why your graphics card disables itself. Thus, the best and first option you can try is to check if the NVIDIA graphics card is enabled or not. To do so, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- After opening the Device Manager, look for the Nvidia graphics card option among the list of device drivers. Once you found it, check if it is enabled or not. If it’s not enabled, you should see a gray arrow pointing downwards. Right-click on the card and select Enabled.
- Next, right-click on the graphics card once more and click on the Update Driver Software option and then click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
Option 2 – Update or uninstall third-party security program
As mentioned, the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen error might be caused by a third-party security program that’s installed on your computer. So you have to either update it or uninstall it to resolve the issue.
Option 3 – Check the power supply for any inconsistency
The Blue Screen error might also be caused by an intermittent power supply. If there is any intermittent changes between the main supply and the battery power, it might lead to bad contact on your supply to the charger and thus, causes the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Stop error to appear. So to check if this scenario is applicable to you, you have to monitor your computer for any frequent changes between the power supply and the battery power. If you see that the supply is displaying power On and Off, see if the same goes when the power supply is disconnected. However, if it does not occur, you might have to purchase a new power adapter cable and replace the one that you have right now.
Option 4 – Reinstall the Graphics card drivers
- Tap Win + R to open Run then type “devmgmt.msc” in the field and hit Enter to open the Device Manager.
- From there, look for the Display adapters and uninstall each one of the graphics card drivers by right-clicking on them and selecting the Uninstall device option.
- After uninstalling the graphics card drivers, close the Device Manager and tap Win + R to open Run once again.
- After that, type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open Programs & Features in the Control Panel.
- Next, look for any program that’s related to your GPU manufacturers like Nvidia, AMD, or Intel. Right-click on any GPU-related entry and click on Uninstall to uninstall them and then follow the next on-screen instructions that appear afterward.
- Now restart your computer.
- Once your computer has restarted, go to the GPU manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver version for your graphics card model and then install it.
- Restart your computer once again. That should fix the problem.
Option 5 – Try checking if there are any BIOS updates available for your PC
Updating the BIOS may help you resolve the BSOD error. You can just go to the OEM’s website as they offer utility software that can download BIOS firmware and update it without any problem. BIOS updates usually offer enhancements and fixes to some issues like this one.
Option 6 – Perform a System Restore
Performing a System Restore on your computer can also help you fix the VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR Blue Screen of Death error. You can do this option either by booting into Safe Mode or in System Restore. If you are already in the Advanced Startup Options, just directly select System Restore and proceed with the next steps. And if you have just booted your PC into Safe Mode, refer to the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x00000113 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x00000113 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.