How to Fix Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired, 0xC004F009 Error in Windows 10
A copy of Windows gets into a grace period when it is installed on a computer which means that you can use your Windows computer without any constraints on its feature. However, if you suddenly encounter an error code 0xC004F009 then this means that the grace period has already expired. In such cases, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“Error Code 0xC004F009, The Software Licensing Service reported that the grace period expired.”
One of the possible causes of this error is that it could be that the grace period has already expired way before the system was activated which is a result of which the system is in the Notifications state at this moment.
The error code 0xC004F009 has something to do with MAK-enabled computers in an enterprise when it comes to Volume Licensing. One of the reasons that this error pops up is due to the possibility that the computer was not activated yet even when it was already connected to the Enterprise. Another most likely cause of the error is when the system was never connected with the Enterprise at all and the given grace period has expired before your computer system is activated. Whatever the real cause of this error, this post will guide you in fixing it. Just refer to the instructions given below to fix it.
Option 1 – Try activating Windows using the command-line tool
- First, you need to obtain your MAK key from the IT administrator.
- Once you have it, tap the Win + R keys on your keyboard and then type “cmd” in the field and hit Enter to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- After that, type this command and hit Enter to install the product key or replace the existing one: Slmgr.vbs –ipk <your mak key>
- Next, type another command and hit Enter: slmgr.vbs –ato
- Once you’ve executed the given commands, Windows should be activated after it connects to Microsoft servers and then gives it some time and try to check if error code 0xC004F009 is now fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try activating Windows using your mobile phone
Activating Windows 10 can also be done using your phone. Just note that you have to call Microsoft to do so.
- In the Start Search box, type in “Slui 4” and tap Enter.
- Next, select your country and click on Next.
- Keep the window open and call the toll-free number of the country you’re from.
- Afterward, a confirmation ID should be given by the automated system which you must take a note of.
- Finally, in the box on the window, type in the confirmation ID and click on the Activate button. That should do it.
Option 3 – Try to prolong the grace period
On the other hand, it is also possible for you to prolong the grace period but you might have to get another genuine Windows key for that. Before you proceed, you need to create a System Restore point first afterwards, refer to the steps given below to increase the grace period of the Software Licensing Service on your Windows 10 computer.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “Regedit” in the field then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- After that, navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetupOOBEmediabootinstall
- Next, change the value of the “mediabootinstall” key to “0”.
- Now open Command Prompt with admin privileges and then type this command and hit Enter: slmgr –rearm
- The command you just entered will add another grace period to your system activation. After that, you have to obtain a new key and then activate Windows.
Option 4 – Try running the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter
You can also try to run the Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter to help resolve the error code 0xC004F009.
- Go to Settings and then select Activation.
- After that, click on the Windows Activation and then troubleshoot. This will help you address most of the commonly found activation issues in Windows devices.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0xC004F009 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0xC004F009 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.