How to Fix Remote Desktop Black Screen issues in Windows 10
According to some reports, using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol on recent versions of Windows 10 results in a black screen. One encounters this issue is when using the Remote Desktop Connection feature on Windows 10. The real causes of this black screen are either the display drivers or some misconfiguration with the Remote Desktop Connection utility.
In most cases, the Remote Desktop in Windows 10 will display a black screen and then disconnects afterward. To fix this kind of issue on your Remote Desktop, there are two suggestions you need to check out. First, you can try to disable the persistent bitmap caching, and then you can also try to update your display driver. Follow the given options below for more troubleshooting instructions.
Option 1 – Try to disable Persistent Bitmap caching
The first thing you can do to resolve the black screen issue with the remote desktop is to disable the persistent bitmap caching. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- First, open the Remote Desktop Connection client.
- Next, click on the Show Options button to configure the Remote Desktop Connection.
- After that, go to the Experience tab and uncheck the Persistent bitmap caching option.
- Once done, you should now be able to connect to the remote computer without the black screen.
Option 2 – Try to update or rollback the Graphics driver
You can try to update your Graphics card driver using the Device Manager in your computer to resolve the blank dialog boxes problem or you can also go directly to the website of your graphics card manufacturers like NVIDIA, Intel, or AMD and go to the section called Drivers then check if there’s a new available update – if there is, download and install it.
To update your Graphics driver via Device Manager, refer to these steps:
- First, boot your computer into Safe Mode.
- After that, tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. From there, look for the Display Adapters and click on them.
- After that, right-click on each entry under the Display Adapters and select the “Uninstall Device” option from the menu.
- Now restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, go to the Settings app and Check for Updates in the Windows Update section.
Note: If updating the Graphics driver didn’t fix the problem, you can also try to roll back to its previous version and see if that helps or you could also try to roll back, update or reinstall the Network Adapter drivers.
Option 3 – Try performing a System Restore
You might also want to perform a System Restore that might help you in fixing the error. You can do this option either by booting into Safe Mode or in System Restore. If you are already in the Advanced Startup Options, just directly select System Restore and proceed with the next steps. And if you have just booted your PC into Safe Mode, refer to the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Remote Desktop Black Screen issues error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Remote Desktop Black Screen issues error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.