How to Fix Printer not activated, error code 30 on Windows 10
If your printer has been working just fine and you suddenly get an error message saying, Printer not activated, error code 30”, then something is definitely wrong and it’s not good especially if you have lots of things to do. Worry not, as this post will help you resolve the printer issue. Simply follow each one of the given options below carefully.
Option 1 – Try running the Printer Troubleshooter
The first thing you can to resolve the printer issue is running the Printer Troubleshooter. This built-in troubleshooter can detect and automatically fix the problem for you. To use it, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic” in the field and click OK or hit Enter to open the Printer Troubleshooter.
- Then click the Next button and follow the next on-screen instructions to fix the issue with the printer.
Option 2 – Check if the concerned printer is set as the default one
It could be that the printer you are trying to use is not set as the default printer. This is mostly the case so to fix the issue, you need to set the concerned printer as default. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings app.
- After opening Settings, select Devices from the menu and then click the Printers and scanners option.
- From there, look for the printer you are using among the list of options. After you find it, click on it and select the Manage option.
- Now click on the “Set as Default” option to set the printer as default.
Option 3 – Try updating the driver for USB Composite Device
The problem with your printer might also be caused by the USB Composite Device. It could be that the USB Composite Device is acting up. Thus, you need to remove and reinstall it. How? Follow the steps below.
- First, click the Start button and type “device manager”.
- Then click on the “Device Manager” from the search results to open it.
- From there, look for the USB Composite Device option and right-click on it, and select the Update Driver from the options.
- Restart your PC and then click the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Now uninstall and remove the printer driver software and reinstall it then refresh.
Option 4 – Try updating all the drivers for your Printer
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. Look for Print queues from the list of drivers displayed and click on it to see all the Printer drivers.
- Next, right-click on each one of the drivers and select “Update driver” to update the driver. Do it for all the Printer drivers
- After that, select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your PC and try printing a document again and see if the “Printer not activated, error code -30” no longer pops up.
Note: You also have the option to go directly to the website of your printer manufacturer and check if there’s a new update – if there is, download it.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Printer not activated, error code 30 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Printer not activated, error code 30 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.