How to Fix “Partner did not connect to router” Error in TeamViewer on Windows 10
One of the great remote assistance software that helps you remotely access and control computers is TeamViewer. However, despite how efficient it is, there are still times when it throws up some errors and one of them is when TeamViewer is not able to connect and throws an error that says, “No connection to partner, Partner did not connect to router, Error Code WaitforConnectFailed”.
This kind of error in TeamViewer mostly occurs when the Partner computer is not connected to a network. On the other hand, it could also occur when they are connected to a network so there are various causes for this issue. It could also be that the installation of the program itself was at fault or there is an incompatibility between the TeamViewer versions installed on both the computers and so on.
Although there are several causes for this error, the potential fixes are still the same. You can try to restart the network or allow Full Access Control to TeamViewer or flush the DNS cache. For more information, refer to the following options but before you proceed, make sure that both your Windows 10 computer and TeamViewer program are updated to their latest stable versions.
Option 1 – Reboot your router
The first thing you can try to do to fix the error is to simply restart your router. All you need to do is reboot the router from its Admin panel or you can also turn it off manually and turn it back on after a couple of seconds so that it can completely reboot. Once you’re done, try accessing your server again and see if the error is now fixed.
Option 2 – Allow Full Access Control to TeamViewer
- First, open TeamViewer, and then from the Menu bar, click on Extras.
- After that, click on Options and select Advanced from the left side navigation panel.
- Next, click on the “Show advanced options” button located on the right-hand side.
- Then select Full Access from the drop-down menu of the Access Control option under the “Advanced settings for connection to this computer section”.
- Now click OK and check if the error is now fixed or not.
Option 3 – Try to flush the DNS configuration
You could also try to flush the DNS configuration in your computer to fix the error. How? Refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + X key combination and click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option or you could also search “cmd” in the Cortana search box and right-click on Command Prompt from the search results and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt with admin privileges, enter each one of the commands given below sequentially in order to flush the DNS cache.
- Now type the exit command to close Command Prompt and then restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed.
On the other hand, you could also try to reset Winsock as well as the TCP/IP.
Option 4 – Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter
To run the Network Troubleshooter, refer to these steps:
- Open the Search bar on your computer and type in “troubleshoot” to open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, scroll down and select the “Network Adapter” option from the right pane.
- Then click on the Run Troubleshooter” button.
- After that, your computer will check for any possible errors and will pinpoint the root cause of the problem if possible.
- Restart your computer.
Option 5 – Try to perform Network Reset
You might perform a Network Reset to resolve the problem if none of the four given options worked. This will reset the entire network configuration including your IP address. To perform Network Reset, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open Settings.
- From there, go to the Network and Internet section.
- Next, scroll down and look for “Network Reset” under the status pane.
- After that, click on Network Reset and then on Reset now to start resetting the network configuration. Once done, check if it is able to fix the error or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Partner did not connect to router error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Partner did not connect to router error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.