How to Fix Origin Error when loading the webpage in Windows 10
If you encounter a blank page with an error message saying, “Origin Error” when you try to load a webpage, then this post will surely help you resolve this error. As you can see, this error is a very uncommon one and it is not about the popular game known as Origin where all you have to do is reinstall the client.
Although this error message is a very uncommon one, you will see a blank page with a message saying, “Origin Error” when you attempt to load a webpage. To fix this error, this post will provide you some potential fixes that might help. Follow the fixes given below carefully and see which one fixes the problem.
Option 1 – Use Ctrl + F5 keys to clear browser cache
The first thing you can try is to “Hard Refresh” to clear the cache of your browsers. You can do that by using the Ctrl + F5 keys on your keyboard. On the other hand, you can also clear the cache manually for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
Option 2 – Remove the Proxy
You might also want to try removing the Proxy as it could also help you in fixing the Origin error. Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Option 3 – Try to flush the DNS, reset Winsock and the TCP/IP
You might also want to flush the DNS and reset Winsock as well as reset TCP/IP as it could help in fixing the Origin error. To do so, refer to these steps:
- Click the Start button and type in “command prompt” in the field.
- From the search results that appear, right-click on Command Prompt and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt, you have to type each one of the commands listed below. Just make sure that after you type each command, you hit Enter
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
After you key in the commands listed above, the DNS cache will be flushed and the Winsock, as well as the TCP/IP, will reset.
- Now restart your computer and open Google Chrome then try opening the website you were trying to open earlier.
Option 4 – Try using Google Public DNS
You might want to try changing your current DNS to the Google Public DNS. All you have to do is change the DNS settings explicitly on your operating system by using the DNS IP addresses. Here’s are the steps to do that:
- The first thing you have to do is right-click on the network icon in the Taskbar and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- After that, search for the network connection that you are using to connect to the internet. Note that the option might be “Wireless Connection” or “Local Area Connection”.
- Right-click on your network connection and click on Properties.
- Then select the new window to choose the “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
- After that, click on the Properties button and click the checkbox in the new window for the option “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Type in “8.8.8” and “126.96.36.199” and click OK and exit.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Origin Error when loading the webpage in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Origin Error when loading the webpage in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.