How to Fix mfewfpk.sys, Epfwwfp.sys Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
If you suddenly encounter a Blue Screen error that points out to either the mfewfpk.sys and epfwwfp.sys files, then this post might help. Both of these files are created by third-party software. The mfewfpk.sys file is created by the McAfee security software while the epfwwfp.sys is created by the ESET Antivirus. These files are residual files and sometimes it blocks upgrading Windows 10.
Aside from blocking Windows 10 upgrade/update, these files can also cause a Blue Screen error after an upgrade which leaves your Windows 10 computer useless. When you get a Blue Screen error caused by any of these files, you will see an accompanying error message that states, “DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL”. To fix this Blue Screen error, you can check out the suggestions laid out below but before you do that, you need to create a System Restore point first as it can help you undo any unwanted changes. In addition, make sure to also boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking before you troubleshoot.
Option 1 – Try to remove the epfwwfp.sys file
You can try to remove the epfwwfp.sys file using Command Prompt. To do so, refer to the following steps:
- Right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Next, type the following command and hit Enter to delete the epfwwfp.sys file:
DEL /F /S /Q /A “%systemroot%System32driversepfwwfp.sys”
- After the scan is completed, restart your computer and see if it fixed the Blue Screen error.
Note: You can also use the ESET AV Remover tool to uninstall Eset security software to remove the epfwwfp.sys file.
Option 2 – Try to remove the mfewfpk.sys file
The same with the first option, you can remove the mfewfpk.sys file using CMD.
- First, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu to open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- After, type the following command and hit Enter to delete the epfwwfp.sys file:
DEL /F /S /Q /A “%systemroot%System32driversmfewfpk.sys”
Once the scan is completed, restart your computer and see if it fixed the Stop error.
Option 3 – Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
Troubleshooting Blue Screen of Death errors wouldn’t be complete without the Blue Screen troubleshooter. As you know, it is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that helps users in fixing BSOD errors. It can be found on the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Option 4 – Try running the DISM tool
You can try running the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management or DISM tool to fix the Blue Screen error. Using this built-in tool, you have various options such as the “/ScanHealth”, “/CheckHealth”, and “/RestoreHealth”.
- Open the Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- Then type in the following commands and make sure to hit Enter right after you type each one of them:
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Do not close the window if the process takes a while as it will probably take a few minutes to finish.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the mfewfpk.sys, Epfwwfp.sys error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the mfewfpk.sys, Epfwwfp.sys error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.