How to Fix Memory Management error 0x0000001A on Windows 10
One of the hardest issues you can encounter on your Windows computer is the Blue Screen of Death error. There are various kinds of BSOD or Stop errors and one of them is the “Memory Management Error 0x0000001A” error. This kind of Stop error might signify a hardware problem in your computer and is most likely caused by an issue with RAM or hard disk or even malware that takes up all your computer’s memory, thus, making it crash and display a BSOD error like the Memory Management Error 0x0000001A.
Moreover, this kind of Stop error can also occur during the Windows upgrading process. So in this post, we’ll show you what you can do to fix the Memory Management error on your Windows 10 PC.
Option 1 – Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
The Blue Screen troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that can be found on the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Option 2 – Update the device drivers
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. Look for the device driver you and then select either “Update driver” or “Uninstall device”. And if you find any “Unknown device”, you need to update it as well.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
- If you have chosen to uninstall the driver, follow the screen options to complete the process and then restart your PC.
- Connect the device and Scan for hardware changes – you can see this option under Device Manager > Action.
Option 3 – Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool to test RAM
Since the issue concerns the memory of your computer, you can also try running the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool to find out if the RAM module of your computer has become corrupted. To run this tool, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + S keys to open Search.
- Then type “Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool” in the field and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.
- After that select any of the following option from the prompt that appears:
- “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)”
- “Check for problems the next time I start my computer”
- After that, if you find that your RAM is corrupted, you might have to purchase a new one or change the motherboard of your computer.
Option 4 – Run the DISM tool
There are cases when the Memory Management Error 0x0000001A error is caused by the Windows System Image so you need to repair it using the DISM or Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management tool. The DISM tool is another command-line tool in the Windows operating system that could help users fix various corrupted system files. To use it, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt as admin.
- Then type in this command: Dism /Online /CheckHealth
- Do not close the window if the process takes a while as it will probably take a few minutes to finish.
Option 5 – Run the SFC scan
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in cmd in the field and tap Enter.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Option 6 – Try using System Restore
You can also try to perform a System Restore as it can also help you fix the BSOD error. You can do this option either by booting into Safe Mode or in System Restore. If you are already in the Advanced Startup Options, just directly select System Restore and proceed with the next steps. And if you have just booted your PC into Safe Mode, refer to the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x0000001A error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x0000001A error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.