How to Fix Media Creation Tool Error Code 0x80042405-0xA001A in Windows 10
As you know, the Windows Media Creation Tool is a great utility in Windows that helps lots of users in installing Windows on their PCs. However, just like any other program in Windows, it also experiences a couple of issues every now and then. So in this post, you will be guided on how you can resolve a particular issue in the Media Creation Tool which is the error 0x80042405-0xA001A. You can encounter this error while creating a USB installation media used in installing Windows 10.
When getting this kind of error in the Windows Media Creation Tool, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“We’re not sure what happened, but we’re unable to run this tool on your PC, Error code 0x80042405 – 0xA001A”
The error 0x80042405 – 0xA001A occurs while creating a bootable USB installation drive. This is a common error faced by many users and it has something to do with the USB hardware. To get this issue fixed, here are some suggestions you could check out.
Option 1 – Try to reformat the USB drive
Reformatting your USB drive might help in fixing error 0x80042405 – 0xA001A.
- Open This PC and right-click your USB drive from there then select Format.
- Next, select FAT32 as the drive type and uncheck the “Quick Format” option.
- After that, try to run the Windows Media Creation Tool again and check if the error is fixed or not. But hopefully, it should work since formatting the drive as FAT32 will give the driver a proper type and would resolve any minor issues in the drive.
Option 2 – Copy the Windows Media Creation Tool to the USB drive
If the first option didn’t work, you might want to copy the latest version of the Media Creation Tool to the USB drive. After you do that, you can run it from inside the drive. This is actually a working fix and can definitely get the USB drive to run with Windows inside it so it should resolve the error 0x80042405 – 0xA001A on the Windows Media Creation Tool.
Option 3 – Run CHKDSK to check the drive for errors
When it comes to some issues concerning the hard drive or removable devices, there is a utility in Windows that might help which is called “chkdsk”. This error check utility can help with several issues in the system including the “Diskpart failed to clear disk attributes” error.
- Tap the Win + S keys to open the Search box.
- Then type “command prompt” in the field and from the search results that appear, right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
- After opening an elevated command prompt, copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:
CHKDSK [volume [[path] filename]] [/F] [/V] [/R] [/X] [/C] [: size]]
Note: In the command given above, “[/F]” will try to fix the system errors while “[/R]” will be the one to fix the bad sectors.
- Now if you are prompted to run CHKDSK after your reboot your PC, just tap Y and reboot your PC.
- If CHKDSK is not able to find any errors, tap the Win + E keys and navigate the access window. From there, right-click on the concerned drive and click on Properties.
- After opening Properties, click on the tab Tools and then click on the “Check” button under the Error-checking section.
- Wait until the process is completed and then restart your computer.
Option 4 – Try checking the hardware components
On the other hand, it is also possible that the issue has something to do with a hardware problem and so you need to check the hardware components on your computer to determine that.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x80042405-0xA001A error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x80042405-0xA001A error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.