How to Fix LoadLibrary failed with error 1114 on Windows 10
If you are using a couple of graphics-intensive applications like video rendering software or some games, then something in the background of the system could get messed up and you might encounter the “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114, A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed” error message. This kind of error can usually get fixed by twerking some graphic settings, fixing and updating the drivers, and allowing your PC to work by leveraging the maximum use of the resources it’s got. Thus, in this post, you will be guided on some measures you can apply to resolve this kind of error message as soon as possible.
Before you go over the options given below, if you have made any changes to any software component in your computer or installed new software recently, then you might want to undo them and then check if it fixes the “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114 “ error. Once you have that covered but you’re still getting the error, use the options given below as a reference to fix the error.
Option 1 – Try to modify the Dynamic Graphics Settings
You might want to modify the Dynamic Graphics Settings in order to fix the error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Open Control Panel and then Power Options.
- From there, click on the Change plan settings option for your chosen power plan.
- After that, click on Change advanced power settings.
- Then look for the Switchable Dynamic Graphics option and then click on it to expand it.
- Afterward, expand the Global Settings option and then select Maximize Performance for both the “On battery” and “Plugged in” options.
- Now click on the Apply button and then OK to save the changes made.
Note: If the Switchable Dynamic Graphics option is not available on your computer, you can try the next given option below.
Option 2 – Try switching the Graphics card to High-Performance mode
Note that this second option varies from computer to computer since most computers use the Graphics card made by NVIDIA, while some by AMD and others use Intel HD Graphics. Thus, depending on which graphics card your computer uses, pick one of the three fixes below.
NVIDIA Graphics Drivers:
If your computer uses a graphics card made by NVIDIA and has the drivers are properly installed and updated, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click on any empty space on your desktop and then click on the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- After that, expand the 3D Settings on the left-hand side tree-structured list and then click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Next, select your preferred GPU on the right-side panel and then set it to the High-Performance NVIDIA Card from the drop-down menu.
- As an alternative, you can also go to the Program Settings tab,
- From there, select the program that you are trying to run from the drop-down menu and click on Add.
- Now set the graphics processor to a High-performing processor and then restart your computer to apply the changes made.
AMD Graphics card:
If your computer uses a graphics card made by AMD and has the drivers are properly installed and updated, then follow the steps below.
- Right-click on any empty space on your desktop.
- Click on AMD Control or Configure Switchable Graphics.
- Next, click on Browse and select the program where you encounter the error.
- Finally, click on High Performance for the selected program and then restart your computer to successfully apply the changes made.
Intel HD graphics:
If your computer uses the Intel HD graphics and then its drivers are properly installed and updated, then follow these steps:
- Right-click on any empty space on your desktop and then click on the Intel Graphics Settings.
- Next, click on the Power menu.
- After that, select a Graphics Power Plan for both the “On battery” and “Plugged in” options to High-Performance Power Plan.
- Then click on the Apply button and restart your computer.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the error 1114 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the error 1114 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.