How to Fix Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch Activation Error in Windows 10
If you suddenly encounter Activation Error codes such as 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210, 0xC004F034, and 0xC004F00F on your Windows 10 computer, then they all point to the same issue – Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch. When you see any of the aforementioned error codes above, it indicates that you are either entering a wrong product key or you are using an incorrect ISO when installing it on your computer. In such cases, you may see either of the following error messages:
“You are running Windows 10 Pro, but you have a valid digital license for Windows 10 Home.”
“The specified product key is invalid or is unsupported by this version.”
If you got the error code 0xC004F00F then it means that you’ve entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home. It could be that you have a key from your work and you accidentally use it on your Home PC.
If you got the error codes 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210, then it means that you have entered a product key that is meant for a different edition or version of Windows. On the other hand, if you got the error code 0xC004F034 instead, then it means that you have entered an invalid product key or a product key for a different Windows version.
Whichever error codes you have, refer to the possible solutions given below to fix the Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch Activation Error in Windows 10.
Option 1 – Try running the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter
The first thing you can do to resolve this Activation error is to run the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and then select Activation.
- After that, click on the Windows Activation and then troubleshoot. This will help you address most of the commonly found activation issues in Windows devices.
Option 2 – Try purchasing a new license
There is an exception offered by Microsoft – if you are connected to a Microsoft account prior to the hardware change, then you can most certainly use the same license key to reactivate Windows 10 again. Microsoft calls this an “Exception path” which should be fixed easily by the Windows Activation Troubleshooter as pointed out earlier. However, if the Windows Activation Troubleshooter isn’t able to resolve the error you can try purchasing a new license. In such rate case, even if you do have a Microsoft account available on your Windows 10 computer, and if Windows was never activated, this solution will not work. And if you haven’t connected your Microsoft account with your Windows 10 computer prior to the major hardware change, then your only option left is to purchase a new license. For you to do that here are some steps you can follow.
- To purchase a new Windows license, the first thing you have to do is click on the Start button > Settings > Update & Security.
- From there, go to Activation and select the “Go to Microsoft Store” option.
- After receiving your new license, you need to go back to Update & Security then go to Activation and select the “Change product key” option.
- Now update your Windows 10 computer using the new key and it should automatically activate your computer.
- Next, you have to create a Microsoft account or connect to your existing local account to your online account.
- Once the system links the key and the account, you need not buy a new license in case something like this happens again.
Note: If you are an IT administrator, you need to keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of times you can reactivate Windows on your computer. Moreover, if you don’t see any option to reactivate the license, and it is a work computer, you need to contact your organization’s tech support.
Option 3 – Try activating Windows 10 via mobile phone
Activating Windows 10 can also be done using your phone. Just note that you have to call Microsoft to do so.
- In the Start Search box, type in “Slui 4” and tap Enter.
- Next, select your country and click on Next.
- Keep the window open and call the toll-free number of the country you’re from.
- Afterward, a confirmation ID should be given by the automated system which you must take a note of.
- Finally, in the box on the window, type in the confirmation ID and click on the Activate button. That should do it.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.