How to Fix Google Chrome ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED Error in Windows 10
Recently, a number of users reported an error in Google Chrome that says, “ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED”. If you are one of these users, read on as this post will guide you in resolving this error. This kind of error in Chrome is kind of vague so it could be caused by a couple of factors like DNS server issues, Socket Pools, third-party plugins or extensions, and many more.
Whatever the cause may be, there are several options you can check out to resolve the problem. You can try to flush the Socket Pool or change the DNS address or remove unwanted extensions or reset your Google Chrome browser.
Option 1 – Try to flush the Socket Pool
- Open Google Chrome and in the address bar, type “chrome://net-internals/”.
- After that, select Sockets on the left side panel.
- Next, select Flush socket pools from the right-side panel.
- And once it’s done, restart your Chrome browser and check if the “ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED” is fixed or not.
Option 2 – Try to change the DNS Server
In this option, you can try changing your current DNS settings to the Google Public DNS as it could also help in fixing the “ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED” error. To do so, follow the steps below.
- The first thing you have to do is right-click on the network icon in the Taskbar and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- After that, search for the network connection that you are using to connect to the internet. Note that the option might be “Wireless Connection” or “Local Area Connection”.
- Right-click on your network connection and click on Properties.
- Then select the new window to choose the “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
- After that, click on the Properties button and click the checkbox in the new window for the option “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Type in “22.214.171.124” and “126.96.36.199” and click OK and exit.
Option 3 – Get rid of any conflicting browser extensions
- Open Chrome and press Alt + F keys.
- Go to More tools and click Extensions to look for any suspicious browser extensions or toolbars.
- Click the Recycle bin and select Remove.
- Restart Chrome and press Alt + F keys again.
- Proceed to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- To check if the browser hijacker is still active, click Set pages, if it is active, overwrite the URL.
Option 4 – Try to reset Google Chrome
Before you proceed, make sure that the Chrome browser is not running anywhere in the background via Task Manager. Once you’ve made sure that it’s no longer running, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser Data” in the field and tap Enter to open this location.
- From there, look for the Default folder and then tap the Shift + Delete button and if a confirmation prompt appears, click on Yes.
- After deleting the Default folder, open Google Chrome and click on the three vertical dots icon located in the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Next, click on Settings and scroll down and then click on Advanced to open the Advanced Settings.
- Then scroll down until you see the “Reset and clean up” section and click the “Restore Settings to their original defaults” option.
- After that, you will see a confirmation box and from there, click on the Reset settings button to reset your Google Chrome browser.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the Chrome ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the Chrome ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.