How to Fix fltmgr.sys Blue Screen on Windows 10
The fltmgr.sys file or the Filter Manager is the one that’s responsible in making sure that all the file stored in a computer’s hard drive stays on their respective locations and is located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers. Now when you encounter a Blue Screen of Death or BSOD error saying, “Your PC ran into a problem that it couldn’t handle, and now it needs to restart. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION”. This kind of Stop error is due to an error with the driver that’s responsible for enabling the communication between the hardware and the computer. It indicates that this driver allows direct access to the internal hardware from the CPU itself.
What’s worse about the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD error is that there are times when you won’t be able to log in to your computer even after it reboots. However, you need not worry as this post will guide you into fixing this BSOD error. All you have to do is follow the given options below carefully and that before you proceed make sure that you create a System Restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Option 1 – Run the Windows Update
Obviously, since the fltmgr.sys file is a system file from Microsoft, you can try running the Windows Update and see if it fixes the problem or not.
Option 2 – Run the System File Checker
The System File Checker, also known as the SFC scan, is a built-in utility in Windows that can be found in the C:/Windows/System32 folder. This tool allows you to scan and restore any corrupted system files in Windows that might be causing the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD error. To use this tool, follow the steps below.
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in cmd in the field and tap Enter.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
- Restart your computer and then check if it has fixed the error or not.
Option 3 – Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
The Blue Screen troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that can be found on the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Option 4 – Check your hardware for any physical issues
There are times when faulty hardware can result in serious problems in the system such as the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Blue Screen error. Thus, it is highly recommended that you check the internal components of your CPU to find out if there are any problems. And if there is any physical damage, you need to bring that to a technician to get it fixed or have it replaced.
Option 5 – Run the CHKDSK utility
You can also run the Chkdsk utility to resolve the BSOD error. The Chkdsk utility is the one that repairs hard drive errors that might be causing the problem.
- Open Command Prompt with admin privileges.
- After opening Command Prompt, execute the commands listed below, and don’t forget to hit Enter right after you type in each one of them and if you have installed Windows to some different directory, you must replace “C” with the name of the drive you’ve installed Windows with.
- chkdsk C: /r /x
- chkdsk C: /f
Congratulations, you have just fixed the fltmgr.sys error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the fltmgr.sys error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.