How to Fix FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Error on Windows 10
If you got the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Blue Screen error on your Windows 10 computer then it is most likely caused by various factors. It could be caused by an incomplete installation or uninstallation of some applications or program, or it could also be caused by some exploit that intervenes with the normal functioning of the computer, as well as bad sectors on the hard disk, damaged system files, malfunctioned system drivers, modified Windows Registry files, or a Blue Screen occurrence during a Windows Update and many more. Getting this bug check means that a single-bit error was found on this page. It also indicates that this is a hardware memory error and to resolve it, you need to follow the suggestions laid out below but before that, it is recommended for you to create a System Restore Point first so that if anything goes wrong, you can always go back to the previous state.
Option 1 – Run a Memory Check to test RAM
Since the problem might have something to do with hardware memory, you need to test RAM by running a Memory Check using the Windows Memory Diagnostic. Refer to these steps to do so.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “mdsched.exe” in the field and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostic.
- After that, the Windows Memory Diagnostic will give out two options such as:
- Restart now and check for problems (recommended)
- Check for problems the next time I start my computer
- Select any of the given options. After that, your computer will restart and check for memory-based issues upon the restart. If there are any issues, it will automatically them.
Option 2 – Run the System File Checker
System File Checker or SFC is a built-in command utility that helps in restoring corrupted files as well as missing files. It replaces bad and corrupted system files with good system files that might be the cause why you’re getting the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Blue Screen error. To run the SFC command, follow the steps given below.
- Tap Win + R to launch Run.
- Type in cmd in the field and tap Enter.
- After opening Command Prompt, type in sfc /scannow
The command will start a system scan which will take a few whiles before it finishes. Once it’s done, you could get the following results:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Option 3 – Check for conflicting or incompatible programs by putting your PC in a Clean Boot state
As mentioned, the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE Blue Screen error might be caused by some problematic programs that clash with your existing operating system. Several users reported that numerous programs that are supposedly designed to enhance computer performance are causing conflict in the system instead. To identify which program is causing the problem, you need to put your computer in a Clean Boot State. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Log onto your PC as an administrator.
- Type in MSConfig in the Start Search to open the System Configuration utility.
- From there, go to the General tab and click “Selective startup”.
- Clear the “Load Startup items” checkbox and make sure that the “Load System Services” and “Use Original boot configuration” options are checked.
- Next, click the Services tab and select the “Hide All Microsoft Services” checkbox.
- Click Disable all.
- Click on Apply/OK and restart your PC. (This will put your PC into a Clean Boot State. And configure Windows to use the usual startup, just simply undo the changes.)
- From there, start to isolate the problem by checking which one of the programs you installed recently is the root cause of the problem.
Option 4 – Update or rollback drivers
If the first few options didn’t work for you, then it’s time to either update or roll back the device drivers. It is most likely that after you updated your Windows computer that your driver also needs a refresh. On the other hand, if you have just updated your device drivers then you need to roll back the drivers to their previous versions. Whichever applies to you, refer to the steps below.
- Open the Devices Manager from the Win X Menu.
- Then locate the device drivers and right-click on them to open the Properties.
- After that, switch to the Driver tab and click on the Uninstall Device button.
- Follow the screen option to completely uninstall it.
- Finally, restart your computer. It will just reinstall the device drivers automatically.
Note: You can install a dedicated driver on your computer in case you have it or you could also look for it directly from the website of the manufacturer.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.