A guide to fixing Error Code 80070490
Error Code 80070490 – What is it?
This error 80070490 code may occur when you try to update your PC either through the Microsoft Update website or with a Windows update. The error message is displayed in the following format:
Error 80070490 (Element not found)
Error Code 80070490 is triggered because of a couple of reasons. It indicates the file CBS Manifest that is needed to install Windows update is corrupt or damaged.
CBS (Component Based Servicing) Manifest is the file that is used to help your computer recognize various components inside your PC.
Another reason for error occurrence is registry corruption.
If the registry that stores all the information and activities performed is not cleaned frequently, the obsolete files saved in the registry like the junk files, bad entries and cookies eventually accumulate and corrupt it thereby generating such error codes.
Further Information and Manual Repair
Here are some effective and proven methods that you can try by yourself to resolve error code 80070490 on your PC.
Method 1 – Use the System Update Readiness Tool
Download the System Update Readiness Tool from the Windows website and run it on your PC.
This tool is designed to detect and scan for abnormalities and inconsistencies that could be preventing and causing problems during the system update.
Once you have downloaded and scanned your PC, try to install the updates again. If the error still persists, try other methods illustrated below.
Method 2 – Repair Windows
Here are the steps that you need to follow to repair Windows:
- First, close all programs and then reboot your PC. Insert the Windows DVD into the computer’s disk drive and wait for the setup to begin.
- If for any reason, the setup doesn’t start automatically, then don’t worry simply click start, then type Drive: setup.exe in the search box. Please note, in the drive insert the letter of your computer’s DVD drive for example D:setup.exe.
- Now in the programs list, click setup.exe And then click install now.
- After that click ‘go online to obtain the latest updates for installation’, if you are asked for the Windows Product Key, then simply type it to proceed.
- In the ‘Which kind of Installation do you want?’ option, click Upgrade.
When the Windows installation is complete, restart your PC and then run Windows update.
Method 3 – Clean the Registry
If the cause of error code 80070490 on your PC is related to registry corruption, then it is advisable to download Restoro. This is an advanced and easy-to-use PC Repair Tool embedded with a registry cleaner.
The registry cleaner scans your entire PC, removes all obsolete and unnecessary files corrupting the registry, and cleans it right away.
Click here to download Restoro to repair error code 80070490