How to Fix Error 1005 Access Denied in Windows 10
Recently, some users reported that they were unable to access a website and only got the Error 1005 Access Denied instead. Specifically, users experience this issue when trying to open the Crunchyroll website – one of the largest anime and manga websites. This particular error is encountered not just on Crunchyroll but on a variety of websites like blogs, video streaming, forums, and so on.
Here’s the full context of the error message:
“Error 1005 Access Denied – The owner of this website has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address from accessing this website.”
Usually, this error occurs when the website administrator decides to block an IP address or IP range. To fix this error, here are some suggestions you can try:
Option 1 – Uninstall the VPN service you are using or use a different provider
If you are using a VPN service, you might want to uninstall it. As mentioned, website administrator blocks IP ranges if they notice any malicious activities and because of this, your IP address might fall into the banned range even if you didn’t do anything at all. To uninstall the VPN service, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Then type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- From there, look for the VPN service you are using, select it and then click on Uninstall to remove it.
- After that, restart your computer and try to install the latest version of the program again. It should work now. If not, proceed to the next available option below.
Option 2 – Try disabling the Proxy server
There are some users who reported that they’ve fixed the problem after they’ve disabled the use of a proxy server using the built-in way. Follow the steps below to disable proxy server.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Option 3 – Use the Google Public DNS
You might want to change your DNS to Google Public DNS as it could also help you in fixing the ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID error in Chrome. To do so, follow the steps below.
- The first thing you have to do is right-click on the network icon in the Taskbar and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Next, click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option.
- After that, search for the network connection that you are using to connect to the internet. Note that the option might be “Wireless Connection” or “Local Area Connection”.
- Right-click on your network connection and click on Properties.
- Then select the new window to choose the “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
- After that, click on the Properties button and click the checkbox in the new window for the option “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Type in “184.108.40.206” and “220.127.116.11” and click OK and exit.
Option 4 – Try contacting the website administrator
If the first three given options didn’t work, you might want to consider contacting the website administrator especially if you’ve already determined that the issue does not occur due to a VPN or proxy server that you’re using. This option can be quite tricky since you won’t be able to submit a contact form since you’re banned from accessing the website but you can contact the admin via the form section if available.
Congratulations, you have just fixed Error 1005 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix Error 1005 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.