How to Fix “Error 0x800701e3: The request failed due to a fatal hardware error” in Windows 10
A lot of things can go wrong even when you’re only doing some simple operations or tasks on your computer and this is due to the fact that there are various small operations make up in order to perform the larger operations on your computer. So if any of these smaller operations are not properly working, it crashes the operation as a whole and it throws an error code instead. And one of these error codes is Error 0x800701e3. This particular error pops up when an error has occurred in the File Explorer when a transfer is initiated from one disk to another in your Windows 10 computer. When you encounter this error, you will get the following error message:
“Error 0x800701e3: The request failed due to a fatal hardware error.”
There are several methods you can check out to fix this error – you can try to run System Restore or Check Disk or format the destination drive or check the SMART attribute of the drive. For more details, refer to each one of the following options.
Option 1 – Try to run System Restore
Error 0x800701e3 might be due to some adjustments you’ve made in your computer’s settings. Thus, to fix this error, you can try undoing those changes using System Restore. How? Refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type in “sysdm.cpl” in the field and tap Enter.
- Next, go to the System Protection tab then click the System Restore button. This will open a new window where you have to select your preferred System Restore point.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process and then restart your computer and then check if your mouse is now back to its normal state.
Option 2 – Try running the Check Disk utility
You can also run the Check Disk utility in fixing Error 0x800701e3.
- In the Windows Search box, type “command prompt” and from the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
- After opening Command Prompt, type this command and tap Enter: chkdsk <Partition Letter>: /f /r /x /b
- The command you entered will start to check for errors and fix them automatically. Else, it will throw an error message saying, “Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like the schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)”.
- Tap the Y key to schedule Disk Check the next time your computer restarts.
Option 3 – Try to format the destination drive
Formatting the destination drive could also help you resolve error 0x800701e3. To format your drive, follow these steps:
- First, open File Explorer and then right-click on the drive where you encountered the error.
- Next, select Format from the context menu. This will open a new mini window.
- Then select the NTFS option from the drop-down menu for the File System menu.
- After that, check the box labeled as Quick Format.
- Now click on Start. Keep in mind that doing so will remove all the contents of your storage device.
Option 4 – Verify the hard drive using SMART attributes
In case you don’t know, Windows has a built-in feature of SMART analysis which analyzes the hard drive/SSD and checks all the parameters by performing some minor operations. To use it, follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + S keys and type “command prompt” in the field then right-click on the related search result and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt as admin, type the “wmic diskdrive get status” command and hit Enter.
- You should get a result after that, and if you see that it’s “normal”, proceed to the next option below
Congratulations, you have just fixed the 0x800701e3 error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the 0x800701e3 error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.