How to Fix Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded in Windows 10
The errors that are caused by the BIOS of your computer can get annoying as they can be hard to fix for they are really dangerous and won’t be resolved by simple fixes. This is because of the fact that these kinds of errors do not even allow you to load your operating system as it throws the error even before you can access your computer. One of these errors is the “Error 0199: System Security – Security password retry count exceeded”. Fixing this error can be quite tricky but you need not worry for you will be guided in doing so. Simply follow the given instructions below.
Option 1 – Try to update the BIOS
Updating the BIOS can help you fix the “Error 0199, Security password retry count exceeded” error but as you know, BIOS is a sensitive part of a computer. Even though it is a software component, the functioning of the hardware depends on it largely. Thus, you must be careful when modifying something in the BIOS. So if you don’t know much about it, it’s best if you skip on this option and try the other ones instead. However, if you are well-versed in navigating the BIOS, then follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type “msinfo32” in the field and press Enter to open System Information.
- From there, you should find a search field on the bottom where you have to search for the BIOS version and then press Enter.
- After that, you should see the developer and version of the BIOS installed on your PC.
- Go to your manufacturer’s website and then download the latest version of BIOS on your computer.
- If you are using a laptop, make sure that you keep it plugged in until you have updated the BIOS.
- Now double click on the downloaded file and install the new BIOS version on your computer.
- Now restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Option 2 – Try resetting the BIOS
If updating the BIOS didn’t help in fixing Error 0199, you can try to reset the BIOS instead.
- Start your computer and tap the F10 key during the booting process to enter the BIOS. If it does not work, you can try tapping the F1 or F2 key as well as the Del key.
- Once you’re already in the BIOS, tap the F9 key to get the prompt to RestoreLoad default configuration now for the BIOS.
- Next, click on Yes and then follow the next on-screen instructions that appear to set the BIOS back to its default settings.
- Once you’re done restoring the default settings of the BIOS, restart your computer and then check if it now boots properly.
Congratulations, you have just fixed Error 0199 in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix Error 0199 in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.