How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error in Chrome on Windows 10
It is a fact that Google Chrome is one of the world’s most used web browsers and it’s because this search giant is focused on following the standards of the web. Although this web browser has become quite bloated over the years, it still remains at the top of the list of browsers used most by users. If you are a user of Google Chrome for a long time now, you have most likely come across a couple of issues in the past while using this browser. In this post, we’ll help you fix one of the issues commonly encountered in Chrome which is the “No Data Received – ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” error.
This kind of error message in Chrome pops up when you try to log into a website. It isn’t clear what’s the cause of this error but worries not, for there are several ways you can try to fix it.
Option 1 – Try checking if your network connection is working
The No Data Received – ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error is not usually related to a downed network. However, anything is possible so you need to check if your internet connection is working just fine or not as it might be the reason why you’re getting this error in Chrome.
Option 2 – Try resetting the network
There are instances when a network goes into haywire because of a bad DNS. Thus, a bad DNS might be the one that’s causing this headache so it’s time for you to reset the entire network to resolve the issue. To reset the network, here’s what you have to do:
- Click the Start button and type in “command prompt” in the field.
- From the search results that appear, right-click on Command Prompt and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt, you have to type each one of the commands listed below. Just make sure that after you type each command, you hit Enter
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
After you key in the commands listed above, the DNS cache will be flushed and the Winsock, as well as the TCP/IP, will reset.
- Now restart your computer and open Google Chrome then try opening the website you were trying to open earlier.
Option 3 – Try to clear the browsing data of Google Chrome
If your browsing data in Chrome hasn’t been cleared for some time now then that might be the reason why you’re suddenly getting the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error when you browse the web. To fix this error, you need to clear your web browsing data. Refer to the following steps to do so.
- Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Delete buttons to go to the Clear browsing data section in Chrome.
- Next, set the time range to “All time” and tick all the boxes and then click on the Clear data button.
- After that, restart the Chrome browser and try to open the website you were trying to open earlier.
Option 4 – Reset Google Chrome
If none of the options given above worked, you can try resetting the Chrome browser. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up an option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart Chrome and check if you can now open the webpage or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.