How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Chrome on Windows 10
This post will help you fix the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Google Chrome. This error indicates that the Chrome browser wasn’t able to establish a stable connection or that there really is no connection at all with the website you are trying to open. This error does not occur on all websites though. When you encounter this kind of error message you will see the following message on your Google Chrome browser:
“This website is not available, The connection to example.com was interrupted, Error 101 (net:: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The Connection was reset.”
Note: You need to follow the options given below to fix the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error and make sure to reload the webpage each time you complete following each one of the fixes.
Option 1 – Check the Network Cables and restart the router then reconnect
Of course, the first thing you can try is to check if the network cables connected to your computer or router are properly connected. And if your computer is connected via Wi-Fi, you need to make sure to restart your router once. In addition, you can also forget the Wi-Fi your computer is currently connected to and then try reconnecting again to see if it would work.
Option 2 – Try removing the Proxy
Removing the Proxy might also help you in fixing the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Chrome. Here’s how you can do it:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type “inetcpl.cpl” in the field and hit Enter to pull up the Internet Properties.
- After that, go to the Connections tab and select the LAN settings.
- From there. Uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” option for your LAN and then make sure that the “Automatically detect settings” option is checked.
- Now click the OK and the Apply buttons.
- Restart your PC.
Note: If you are using a third-party proxy service, you have to disable it.
Option 3 – Try to increase the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
You can also try increasing the Maximum Transmission Unit to fix the error. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to Network & Internet > Ethernet.
- From there, take off the Active Wireless / Wired Network Connection.
- Next, open Command Prompt as admin.
- Then type the “netsh interface IPv4 set subinterface “Ethernet 4” mtu=1472 store=persistent” command and hit Enter to execute it.
Option 4 – Flush the DNS and reset TCP/IP
Flushing the DNS and reset TCP/IP could also help in fixing the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Chrome. To do so, refer to these steps:
- Click the Start button and type in “command prompt” in the field.
- From the search results that appear, right-click on Command Prompt and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After opening Command Prompt, you have to type each one of the commands listed below. Just make sure that after you type each command, you hit Enter
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
After you key in the commands listed above, the DNS cache will be flushed and the Winsock, as well as the TCP/IP, will reset.
Option 5 – Disable the AppEx Networks Accelerator feature
The AppEx Networks Accelerator is known to slow down network connections. Some users reported that it slows down the network speed by 70% up to 80% which is why you need to disable it. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings and select Network & Internet and from there select Ethernet > Change adapter options.
- Next, right-click on the network connection and select Properties.
- Then look for AppEx Networks Accelerator and uncheck its checkbox.
- Now click the OK button to save the changes and then check if the error is now fixed.
Option 6 – Delete the WLAN Profiles
Deleting the WLAN Profiles might be a good idea if you are not able to connect to the internet on your computer and if you’re using Wi-Fi. It could be that the networks that were connected previously have gone rogue which is why it is not connecting properly. And so deleting the WLAN profiles might help you in fixing the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error.
Option 7 – Reinstall the Network Adapter Drivers
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch the Run window and then type in the “devmgmt.msc” command and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Under the Device Manager, you will see a list of drivers. From there, look for the Network Adapters and expand it.
- Then right-click on each one of the Network drivers and select “Uninstall device”.
- Restart your PC.
Option 8 – Try to disable the Wi-Fi Miniport
- In the Cortana Search box, type “command prompt” then right-click on the search result and select “Run as administrator”.
- After opening Command Prompt with admin privileges, type the commands listed below and hit Enter right after you key in each one of them.
- netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
- netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow
- Now exit Command Prompt and tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cpl” in the field and hit Enter to open Network Connections.
- From there, look for Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport and right-click on it, and then select Disable.
Option 9 – Start Chrome in Safe Mode
The same with Windows Safe Mode, starting Chrome in Sage mode will open the browser but without all the user settings and extensions. And then try opening the website you were trying to open earlier.
Option 10 – Reset Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up the option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.