How to Fix DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL Blue Screen Error in Windows 10
If you suddenly encounter the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL Blue Screen error on your Windows 10 computer along with the error codes, 0x000000D5, 0xb10BBD9E, 0x0D82DA24, 0Xfecd479D, 0x779827CB then read on as this post will provide you some troubleshooting tips that could help you resolve the BSOD error. Getting this kind of BSOD error means that a driver has referenced memory that was freed earlier and it could also mean that the Driver Verifier Special Pool option has caught the driver accessing memory which was freed earlier.
Follow the given options below to fix the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL BSOD error.
Option 1 – Use the Driver Verifier Manager
The Driver Verifier Manager is another tool in Windows that could help you fix driver-related issues.
- Type in the keyword “Verifier” in the Cortana search box to search for Verifier in Windows 10.
- After that, select the option “Create custom settings”.
- Make sure that you have checked everything except the options “DDI compliance checking” and “Randomized low resources simulation”.
- Next, select the option “Select driver names from a list” option.
- Afterward, you have to select all the drivers from any unofficial or third-party provider. To simply put it, you have to select all the drivers that are not supplied by Microsoft.
- Then click on the Finish button.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator and execute this command – verifier /querysettings
- The command you just executed will display the Driver Verifier settings so if you see any of the flags enabled boot your Windows 10 PC into Safe Mode.
- Open the Command Prompt as admin again and run this command – verifier /reset
- The command will reset the Driver Verifier. Once the process is done, restart your PC and check.
Option 2 – Try updating SSD firmware
If you have installed SSD on your computer recently and you have started getting the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL Blue Screen error since then you may have to update the SSD firmware. To fix this, you can download the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox from the official website. This toolbox is compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 7 and later versions.
Option 3 – Try running the Blue Screen Troubleshooter
The Blue Screen troubleshooter is a built-in tool in Windows 10 that helps users in fixing BSOD errors like DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL. It can be found in the Settings Troubleshooters page. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap the Win + I keys to open the Settings panel.
- Then go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- From there, look for the option called “Blue Screen” on your right-hand side and then click the “Run the troubleshooter” button to run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter and then follow the next on-screen options. Note that you might have to boot your PC into Safe Mode.
Option 4 – Try running Microsoft’s online Blue Screen Troubleshooter
If running the built-in Blue Screen Troubleshooter didn’t work, you can also try running Microsoft’s online Blue Screen Troubleshooter. All you have to do is go to Microsoft’s website and from there, you will see a simple wizard that will walk you through the troubleshooting process.
Option 5 – Try to reinstall or update device drivers of recently installed hardware
If the first few options didn’t work for you, then it’s time to either update or roll back the device drivers. It is most likely that after you updated your Windows computer that your driver also needs a refresh. On the other hand, if you have just updated your device drivers then you need to roll back the drivers to their previous versions. Whichever applies to you, refer to the steps below.
- Open the Devices Manager from the Win X Menu.
- Then locate the device drivers and right-click on them to open the Properties.
- After that, switch to the Driver tab and click on the Uninstall Device button.
- Follow the screen option to completely uninstall it.
- Finally, restart your computer. It will just reinstall the device drivers automatically.
Note: You can install a dedicated driver on your computer in case you have it or you could also look for it directly from the website of the manufacturer.
Option 6 – Try disabling Hardware Acceleration
You might want to disable Hardware Acceleration system-wide or for a particular program like Google Chrome and see if it resolves the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL BSOD error
Congratulations, you have just fixed the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.