How to Fix DiskPart has encountered an error: Access is denied Error in Windows 10
As you know, Diskpart is a useful utility that helps in managing the disks in a computer. It is a very useful tool that even when the GUI-based disk management tools in Windows 10 operating system fails, the Diskpart utility still tends to work. However, it also does not mean that this utility does not experience issues as it still does, from time to time. One of the issues you may encounter when using the Diskpart utility is when you encounter an error message that says, “DiskPart has encountered an error, Access is denied”.
This kind of error in the Diskpart utility could be caused by a number of factors. For one, it could be that the Write-Protection is enabled on the drive where the operating is being performed or it could also be that the Command Prompt terminal does not have administrator-level permissions to carry out the command. Thus, you can try to run the Diskpart utility again but this time with admin privileges or you could also remote the Write-Protection from the concerned drive. For more details, refer to the instructions given below.
Option 1 – Try running Command Prompt with Administrator-level permissions
- In the Start Search, type “command prompt” and from the search results that appear, look for Command Prompt.
- Once you found it, right-click on it and select the “Run as administrator” option.
- After that, try to execute the Diskpart operation once again and see if you still encounter the same error.
Option 2 – Try to remove the Write Protection from the drive
As mentioned, removing the Write-Protection on the concerned drive could also help you fix the problem and there are two ways to get rid of the write protection – you can either use the Diskpart utility or the Registry Editor. How? Refer to the following steps.
Via Diskpart utility:
- Open Command Prompt with admin privileges and then type the “diskpart” command and tap Enter to execute it.
- Next, type “list disk” and tap Enter to get the list of all the Disk connects or all the partitions that are formed on those disks.
- After that, you need to choose one command depending on the list of commands you entered. Type “select disk #” and tap Enter to select the disk or partition you want to select.
- Then type “attribute disk clear readonly” and tap Enter to Disable the Write Protection on the selected disk or partition.
Via Registry Editor:
- Tap the Win + R keys to open the Run utility and type “Regedit” in the field and then tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to the following registry key:
- After that, look for the DWORD named “WriteProtect” and double click on it, and then set its Value Data to “0”.
- Now restart your computer and see if the problem is now fixed or not.
Congratulations, you have just fixed the DiskPart has encountered an error in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit errortools.com daily.
Now that’s how you fix the DiskPart has encountered an error in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.